British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Where have all the aussies gone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-have-all-aussies-gone-216071/)

Larissa Mar 9th 2004 8:14 pm

Where have all the aussies gone?

Hiya Guys
It feels like we have loads of recent additions to the forum, but many of the aussie posters don't seem to be on so often, or have disappeared... does anyone know where they have all gone? :( There's so many immigration posts and thread hijacking, that its hard to get to the real aussie stuff :( and I know I'm as guilty as anyone else.
What's happened to Dotty lately? We were saying in the chatroom that we missed your posts... what about Jirrupin and Karrawarra - how was the big trek? What about Pookin? Did Ceri go back for a visit?

mick n cheryl Mar 9th 2004 8:19 pm

Its stinking hot in Queensland at the moment about 30c on the way to work at 7AM this morning :scared: , so I bet they are all down the beach:cool: :cool:

Mick:D

WBB Mar 9th 2004 8:23 pm

Re: Where have all the aussies gone?

Originally posted by Larissa
Hiya Guys
It feels like we have loads of recent additions to the forum, but many of the aussie posters don't seem to be on so often, or have disappeared... does anyone know where they have all gone? :( There's so many immigration posts and thread hijacking, that its hard to get to the real aussie stuff :( and I know I'm as guilty as anyone else.
What's happened to Dotty lately? We were saying in the chatroom that we missed your posts... what about Jirrupin and Karrawarra - how was the big trek? What about Pookin? Did Ceri go back for a visit?
i think dotty is preparing for her move back to the UK, K and J likewise, have not heard from pookin for ages.

are you telling me ceri has come back to wales for a visit :scared:

Pollyana Mar 9th 2004 8:27 pm

Down the beach??? I should be so lucky! Some of us are dragging ourselves off to work, and cos it gets dark so flipping early its pitch black before I get home! And thats in summer!!!

One of the nicest things about being in Melbourne last week was the lovely long evenings, sitting watching the sun slowly go down instead of having it vanish halfway through the day.:)

debsy Mar 9th 2004 8:31 pm

Hiya Guys
Larissa
I think Ceri had to go back to the Uk for an illness on the family or something like that. Karawara said Jirrupin was not going to post for a while. Maybe they are all fed up with the forum. Even Mrs D has not been about a lot lately.

DagBoy Mar 9th 2004 10:03 pm

Dunno about the others, but I am still posting at my usual rate of 0.77 posts a day :) (quality - not quantity)

Cheers,

DagBoy

Jack The Lad Mar 9th 2004 10:06 pm

Hiya Guys
Oh this is an immigration site for Oz and NZ :confused:

Sorry :rolleyes: :D

mick n cheryl Mar 9th 2004 10:07 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Down the beach??? I should be so lucky! Some of us are dragging ourselves off to work, and cos it gets dark so flipping early its pitch black before I get home! And thats in summer!!!

One of the nicest things about being in Melbourne last week was the lovely long evenings, sitting watching the sun slowly go down instead of having it vanish halfway through the day.:)

Yep you are right the SHORT summer days are a drawback:mad:
But the weekends are fantastic:D :D :cool: :cool:

I also was a work early 7 AM 30c remember;)

Roll on Sats:D :D

BookBear Mar 10th 2004 12:05 am

Originally posted by DagBoy
Dunno about the others, but I am still posting at my usual rate of 0.77 posts a day :) (quality - not quantity)

Cheers,

DagBoy
I'm at 0.34 :D