Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to go snorkelling up the Sunshine Coast??

Where to go snorkelling up the Sunshine Coast??

Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Where to go snorkelling up the Sunshine Coast??

Hi guys

Jaques Cousteau i am not!! but can anyone advise on where there are any good spots for snorkelling up the Sunshine coast, not after the barrier reef but something along that lines

Bill
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to go snorkelling up the Sunshine Coast??

Hi

Based not on experience but research we have it on good authority that Moreton Island - tangalooma resort is a great spot for snorkelling - there is a ship wreck which is a swimmable distance from beach and has created an artificial reef.

Mr Atticus

you should pm "logan" as she is the one who told us about this.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

Based not on experience but research we have it on good authority that Moreton Island - tangalooma resort is a great spot for snorkelling - there is a ship wreck which is a swimmable distance from beach and has created an artificial reef.

Mr Atticus

Thank you Mr Atticus
Old Sep 19th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Nobody goes snorkeling then???
Old Sep 19th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Nobody goes snorkeling then???
I don't,

But the Hmas Brisbane dive site is popular.

http://www.sunreef.com.au

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the item on the BBC about the 2 Brits who were stranded in the sea for 6 hours off Queensland. Can't have been much fun!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

Mr Atticus

I have been to Moreton Island....didnt rate the snorkelling there though, apart from the shipwreck the water is too shallow and tend to get scratched/knocked against the rocks
Spend the extra and go to the reef would be my recommendation. An experience not to be missed
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desperate2go
I have been to Moreton Island....didnt rate the snorkelling there though, apart from the shipwreck the water is too shallow and tend to get scratched/knocked against the rocks
Spend the extra and go to the reef would be my recommendation. An experience not to be missed
Been to the reef, just want a recomendation of somewhere to go that is just an hour or so's drive away, got to be some places round here

Cant afford to go up the reef every other weekend, but it would be alright if the lotto numbers come up if you know what i mean