Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to go for a Roast Dinner in Brisbane

Where to go for a Roast Dinner in Brisbane

Old May 6th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Where to go for a Roast Dinner in Brisbane

I'm craving a roast dinner and not worth me cooking one myself as not got the kitchen space nor the people to cook for. Anyone know of a decent place near Brisbane for a Sunday Roast?
Old May 6th 2007, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go for a Roast Dinner in Brisbane

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I'm craving a roast dinner and not worth me cooking one myself as not got the kitchen space nor the people to cook for. Anyone know of a decent place near Brisbane for a Sunday Roast?
theres a pub in Mapleton that does superb ones, but thats up near Maleny, best I've come up with so far I'm afraid. I'd love to cook my own but the Bloke says he doesn't want a Sunday roast, so I'm seriously deprived at present.
If you find somewhere good, let me know and I'll join you!

PS Have you bought that Magners Cider yet?
Old May 6th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

you are very wlcome at mine. I am having roast chicken this fine evening with 3 veggies and roast spuds. Only thing is I dont have a dining table yet!!
Lou
Old May 6th 2007, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried doing a roast on the BBQ? It can be really nice once you've got the temperature figured out. We do a roast quite often. Although there're only the 2 of us, I always make enough for 6 to 10 people, and freeze the leftovers for future meals or sandwiches.

We've done roast beef, chicken and pork in the oven, in a charcoal Webber kettle, and on a gas BBQ, but I have to say the best is done in the Webber kettle.

I just had some roast beef and cheese on tortillas the other day for lunch with a friend. The meat was from a couple of months ago (Carol, you're not reading this, are you?! ) and because it was packed and frozenly properly, it was still almost as good as the first meal.

Mrs JTL
Old May 6th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=JackTheLad;4743190]
We've done roast beef, chicken and pork in the oven, in a charcoal Webber kettle, and on a gas BBQ, but I have to say the best is done in the Webber kettle.

Now you've got me salivating! That's how my dad used to do them in the UK!! When I get my own place sometime this year I plan on investing in a Webber.

I settled for home cooked Sausages, Mash and onion gravy instead tonight! Usual Roast cravings will probably resume this time next week so any more suggestions most welcome! One month till my mum visits with the Bisto gravy in tow.....woo hoo!!!
Old May 6th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Louise M
you are very wlcome at mine. I am having roast chicken this fine evening with 3 veggies and roast spuds. Only thing is I dont have a dining table yet!!
Lou
MMMM how'd it work out?
Old May 6th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

MMMM how'd it work out?
Very very nice. Crispy skin, succulent chicken. Yummy!!