Reload this Page >

Where To Go Now?!?

Where To Go Now?!?

Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Francinecrump is on a distinguished road
Default Where To Go Now?!?

Hi everyone,

We have now sold the house and are hoping to make the big move in mid Sept/early Oct and have been scouring this site and the web for sites which advertise short/short term ie. one month, (not 3, 6 or 12 month) accommodation whilst we find our feet, find a suberb which we would want to let privately for 6 months and find school before buying after the 6 month period.

We found brilliant houses with Brisband Bound but all fully leased - does anyone know of any other such people who have set up businesses letting houses such as these fully furnished properties for such short periods?

We would like to rent for one month in anywhere which has good access to the sunshine coast and city. Three month leases are no good at this early stage as we need to check out schools etc., before committing to anything any longer term because of our 10 year old.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:16 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where To Go Now?!?

Originally Posted by Francinecrump
Hi everyone,

We have now sold the house and are hoping to make the big move in mid Sept/early Oct and have been scouring this site and the web for sites which advertise short/short term ie. one month, (not 3, 6 or 12 month) accommodation whilst we find our feet, find a suberb which we would want to let privately for 6 months and find school before buying after the 6 month period.

We found brilliant houses with Brisband Bound but all fully leased - does anyone know of any other such people who have set up businesses letting houses such as these fully furnished properties for such short periods?

We would like to rent for one month in anywhere which has good access to the sunshine coast and city. Three month leases are no good at this early stage as we need to check out schools etc., before committing to anything any longer term because of our 10 year old.

Hi,

Do a search for postings from MrsDagboy. I spotted on the signature a link for Destination Brisbane which provides such accommodation. Might help.

Cheers
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:35 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Mrs Dagboy does a short term house....looked nice in photos - ideal if you have a family.

No A/C if I remember right which is essential for me - but not for everyone I realise - I got so hot and bothered the last time I was in Brisbane during the summer - would end up divorcing hubbie without it!

We have booked a 2 bedroom apartment called The Manhattan on Newstead apartments through www.seqrents.com.au

Fully furnished modern executive style apartment with swimming pool and that all important (to me ) A/C!!!!! Suits us fine as we have no kids....gives us time to find a nice rental house (un-furnished) to rent.

Lynn
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

hello there,

contact mrs dagboy, sure she'll be able to sort you out.

good luck

debs
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

We have booked a 2 bedroom apartment called The Manhattan on Newstead apartments through www.seqrents.com.au

Hi Lynn,

How long have you rentd your apartment for? We have tried apartments and been told only will consider 3mths plus. When are you arriving?

Thanks
Francine
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:12 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn,

How long have you rentd your apartment for? We have tried apartments and been told only will consider 3mths plus. When are you arriving?

Thanks
Francine
Francine we are staying there from 5th Nov for 3 weeks - was it the manager John Ferrier you spoke to? He owns all the apartments there I think and only a few of them are short term rentals - the rest longer term ie. 3 months +

Maybe he was fully booked short term rental wise?

Good luck finding somewhere else - there seem to be plenty of apartments around on www.seqrents.com.au

Lynn
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 10:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yes Mrs Dagboy does a short term house....looked nice in photos - ideal if you have a family.

No A/C if I remember right which is essential for me - but not for everyone I realise - I got so hot and bothered the last time I was in Brisbane during the summer - would end up divorcing hubbie without it!

Fully furnished modern executive style apartment with swimming pool and that all important (to me ) A/C!!!!! Suits us fine as we have no kids....gives us time to find a nice rental house (un-furnished) to rent.

Lynn
(I know its an old post, but thought I would answer it anyway, just for other peoples information) Lynn, we now have 2 houses, one is fully a/conditioned with an outdoor spa, the other one will be having a/c installed in a couple of weeks.

Difference between Brisbane Bound & us is that they have townhouses whereas we have detached houses with proper gardens. They also charge extra for internet, phone etc.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Aug 22nd 2005 at 10:44 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Francine we are staying there from 5th Nov for 3 weeks - was it the manager John Ferrier you spoke to? He owns all the apartments there I think and only a few of them are short term rentals - the rest longer term ie. 3 months +

Maybe he was fully booked short term rental wise?

Good luck finding somewhere else - there seem to be plenty of apartments around on www.seqrents.com.au

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

We had probs with accomm on www.seqrents.com.au as most wanted 3months plus. We just wanted initial period of one month but have come across a brilliant site called www.stayz.com.au which has loads of houses for short short term ie 1week upwards so booked something in Strathpine for a month.

Francine