Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to go on holiday!!

Where to go on holiday!!

Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Where to go on holiday!!

Just fancied hearing your thoughts on where to go on holiday in May/June from Brisbane..... 2 adults and possibly 1 16 yr old, (only if its a cool place!!!!)
I was thinking of Penang, but noticed its wet season!!!!!!
Thoughts anyone?
Angela
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go on holiday!!

Originally Posted by Cookster
Just fancied hearing your thoughts on where to go on holiday in May/June from Brisbane..... 2 adults and possibly 1 16 yr old, (only if its a cool place!!!!)
Thoughts anyone?
Angela
Port Douglas.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts anyone?
Angela
I quite like going to places in the wet season...I've never found it too disruptive but YMMV of course! The real wet season if probably later in the year anyway.

We've just booked to go to Krabi in the middle of the dry, hot season and to be honest I'd prefer rainy season I think!

Not sure why, cos I haven't been, but I've never been that excited by Penang?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:10 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Fiji....

Cheap, quick to get there and very relaxing. I recommend getting out to one of the proper islands though (Mana or Castaway). Denarau where the big resorts are (just down the road from Nadi ariport) is an international class overpriced hellhole. Cheaper than the islands, is the Coral coast which has some great resorts too - and not being stuck on an island means you can get away and visit some local places too.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Fiji....

Cheap, quick to get there and very relaxing. I recommend getting out to one of the proper islands though (Mana or Castaway). Denarau where the big resorts are (just down the road from Nadi ariport) is an international class overpriced hellhole. Cheaper than the islands, is the Coral coast which has some great resorts too - and not being stuck on an island means you can get away and visit some local places too.
Hummmm Fiji could be an option, however, a friend just came back and said exactly the same, overpriced!!!!!
Thinking a 2 centre holiday, always fancied Bangkok, maybe a week there and a week somewhere else......really want to explore markets, culture and food!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:21 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Does Bangkok appeal to anyone other than sex tourists? Chatuchak market is fun for a half a day maybe.

What about Cambodia? Siam Reap and Phnom Penh are 'cool', cheap and great fun. Or Vietnam?

It depends what you are looking for. Beaches and ocean or a vibrant city scene?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:37 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Stopover in singapore
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hummmm Fiji could be an option, however, a friend just came back and said exactly the same, overpriced!!!!!
Thinking a 2 centre holiday, always fancied Bangkok, maybe a week there and a week somewhere else......really want to explore markets, culture and food!!!!
A week in Bangkok! 2-3 days should be about enough.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 11:53 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts anyone?
Angela
Koh Samui... Going at the end of March for 10 days and can't wait...

The Tongsai Bay
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:09 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go to Malaysia - KL and then the coast! Love it!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Does Bangkok appeal to anyone other than sex tourists? Chatuchak market is fun for a half a day maybe.

What about Cambodia? Siam Reap and Phnom Penh are 'cool', cheap and great fun. Or Vietnam?

It depends what you are looking for. Beaches and ocean or a vibrant city scene?
Ha ha ha , Love it .... I`ll have you know I am not a sex tourist lol
But a vibrant city and a bit of a beachy thing are very appealing. Coming from somewhere that is always hot and sunny with a beach 5 mins walk from my door, im just exploring other ideas.
You have made my day by implying I am a sex tourist.
Angela
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

How about Tassie? . . . snow on Mount Wellington, getting 'rugged up', pubs with open fires and all that malarky.

Last edited by spartacus; Jan 18th 2012 at 12:16 am.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:19 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha , Love it .... I`ll have you know I am not a sex tourist lol
But a vibrant city and a bit of a beachy thing are very appealing. Coming from somewhere that is always hot and sunny with a beach 5 mins walk from my door, im just exploring other ideas.
You have made my day by implying I am a sex tourist.
Angela
No offence implied! I just don't see there's much to appeal to anyone not giving a kick out of impoverished Asians degrading themselves in bars.

Borneo is amazing - you could fly to KL - have a city break there and then on to Sarawak for jungle trekking if you are into natural history. I stayed here and it was seriously fantastic.

http://www.nangadamai.com/
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Spartacus..... Been to Tassy twice now, both times were amazing it really is a lovely place.
Turban Explorer, my sex tourist implier........ Borneo, thats a thought, been to Brunei and a little island just off it to get grog, cant remember the name of the island though, it was the nearest christian island that sold it believe it or not!!! Deffinately worth looking into, ta.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 12:56 am
Just Joined

J A Lamb is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=renth;9848892]Port Douglas
Only my opinion but these Asian places mentioned are more for Singles.Depending what month you are going i would say New Zealand South Island or The Bay of Plenty in the North,The Kiwi winter starts April 31st.And the Aussie Dollar is Good value against the Kiwi.Great climate in NZ as long as you miss the rain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.