Where to go

Old Dec 1st 2019, 9:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go

Originally Posted by Dreamy
That's what Mr Dreamy has - but it's on the train, he gets a seat there and back, and he can deal with work emails both ways. He finds it very manageable (well, I tell him he does, anyway, and the trade off is that we don't have to live anywhere too close to .... urg...hordes of people). I have to say though, he's working in Sydney CBD now - when he was working at Chatswood, it was probably just over the boundary of what was acceptable - I guess Mascot (his most recent location before the CBD) is as far as he'd want to travel again.
You tell Mr Dreamy that if he wants a shorter commute to come live with me. I only travel 38 minutes on the train to the CBD.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:05 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You tell Mr Dreamy that if he wants a shorter commute to come live with me. I only travel 38 minutes on the train to the CBD.
I'm watching you, tartbag.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm watching you, tartbag.

That's for Mr D
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 2:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That's silly, it's the wrong CBD. Fairly sure Sydney Trains don't get that far.
Old Dec 2nd 2019, 4:49 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's silly, it's the wrong CBD. Fairly sure Sydney Trains don't get that far.
I did mention Dorothy's kind offer to Mr D and he said "I'm sure it'll be a bit longer than 35 minutes to get to work".
If she can find him a job in Perth too, it could be on.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:38 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
An hour and a half door to door was the general consensus. 3 hours a day ....... ouch.
That's similar to the horror stories I've heard about London commutes.

You could get from Cronulla to the CBD within an hour nowadays, right?
Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
That's similar to the horror stories I've heard about London commutes.

You could get from Cronulla to the CBD within an hour nowadays, right?
I think you could always do Cronulla to Town Hall within the hour, you certainly could a couple of decades back when I did a stint there.

I don't think times have changed that much. Its still about 50 mins. It could be quicker if they popped in an express train but there doesn't seem to be the appetite.

London commutes are strange. It takes as long to get from Balham to Bank on the tube as it does from Tonbridge to Bank on the train. However, the cost hike on public transport from living in commuter belt may not be worth it.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

PittwaterPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
It's a beautiful part of the world but totally a place for locking yourself in. I was at a BBQ in Newport recently and the conversation amongst locals quickly drifted into their commutes and how long it took. An hour and a half door to door was the general consensus. 3 hours a day ....... ouch.
?

3 hours a day is fairly ridiculous, where on earth did they work?

Or did they mean 1.5 hours each way?

Takes me around 40 minutes door to door

When I lived in London it took me 90 minutes, so 40 minutes with a gorgeous nearby beach thrown in for good measure, is a win-win my eyes

Old Dec 16th 2019, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess
?

3 hours a day is fairly ridiculous, where on earth did they work?

Or did they mean 1.5 hours each way?

Takes me around 40 minutes door to door

When I lived in London it took me 90 minutes, so 40 minutes with a gorgeous nearby beach thrown in for good measure, is a win-win my eyes

Yep. 1.5 hours x 2 = 3 hours per day.

So Avalon right? Which bus gets you door to door CBD in 40?