Where to go?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

scott1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to go?

Ok, started all my application off this week. I know I have a long way to go, but I really do need to look at what area I am going to settle in. But there seems to be so many suburbs etc.
Ideally, I want to end up in Queensland, Somewhere around the Brisbane area. And thats as far as I know. Last thing I want to do is move somewhere only to find out I have to travel miles and miles to get a job.
I'm in engineering, and I heard this is pretty in demand over on the Gold coast/Brisbane/Sunshine coast. But when you look at all the different places, its hard to pinpoint one.
I have seen a few people mention Pacific Pines. Any idea about engineering jobs around there? House prices? Luckily I'm moving over on my own, so I can get away with just renting a room until I get settled. But I am just struggling to find a place to go, and it is a pretty important thing.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where to go?

Originally Posted by scott1974
Ok, started all my application off this week. I know I have a long way to go, but I really do need to look at what area I am going to settle in. But there seems to be so many suburbs etc.
Ideally, I want to end up in Queensland, Somewhere around the Brisbane area. And thats as far as I know. Last thing I want to do is move somewhere only to find out I have to travel miles and miles to get a job.
I'm in engineering, and I heard this is pretty in demand over on the Gold coast/Brisbane/Sunshine coast. But when you look at all the different places, its hard to pinpoint one.
I have seen a few people mention Pacific Pines. Any idea about engineering jobs around there? House prices? Luckily I'm moving over on my own, so I can get away with just renting a room until I get settled. But I am just struggling to find a place to go, and it is a pretty important thing.
It is a hard decision to make and even though we have done a recie, we are still unsure where to settle. Sorry I can not offer any advice on the job front all I know is that my OH is an Electrician and we were told that he would be fine if and when we get there!
Have a look at
www.mybrisbane.com
I am not sure if it will be of any use, but it is worth a look.
Best of luck.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

scott1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to go?

Yeah, it is a hard decision. But thanks for that link. I will have a look. Might help me out a bit.