Where to go ???

Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Where to go ???

Hi there,

Been given the chance to visit Australia ( due to redundancy pay out ) before we take the final step to actually emigrate there.

I was wondering what your opinions were on which part to go to. I like the look of Brisbane and OH fancies Perth. He is a Joiner/window fitter by the way.
We were hoping to get his foot in the door at some companies and also check out housing etc.
We could go to both I suppose but I guess that would be quite expensive to do.
Ant personal opinions would be a great help.
Thanks
Sharon x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to go ???

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi there,

Been given the chance to visit Australia ( due to redundancy pay out ) before we take the final step to actually emigrate there.

I was wondering what your opinions were on which part to go to. I like the look of Brisbane and OH fancies Perth. He is a Joiner/window fitter by the way.
We were hoping to get his foot in the door at some companies and also check out housing etc.
We could go to both I suppose but I guess that would be quite expensive to do.
Ant personal opinions would be a great help.
Thanks
Sharon x
Hi,
I've never been to Perth, but Brisbane is a really nice city,also you are close to either the sunshine coast or gold coast. Alittle further up north you have the Barrier reef which is out of this world. Another plus point for Brisbane is if you wanted to visit Sydney it would be easier to get to from Brisbane.
Also off the coast of Queensland there are a lot of islands to visit (thinking ahead to future holidays.
Perth is a long way from anywhere.
I grew up in Brisbane but have lived in U.k for 17yrs. Moving back with family this year. Beat of luck to you.
Try and visit both places if you can. Kate
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to go ???

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi,
I've never been to Perth, but Brisbane is a really nice city,also you are close to either the sunshine coast or gold coast. Alittle further up north you have the Barrier reef which is out of this world. Another plus point for Brisbane is if you wanted to visit Sydney it would be easier to get to from Brisbane.
Also off the coast of Queensland there are a lot of islands to visit (thinking ahead to future holidays.
Perth is a long way from anywhere.
I grew up in Brisbane but have lived in U.k for 17yrs. Moving back with family this year. Beat of luck to you.
Try and visit both places if you can. Kate
Hi Kate.
Thanks for replying. You are the expert then, since you were brought up there. Brisbane, s/coast & g/coast all look great. I don't know why I dont fancy Perth, I think we could get more with our money ( thinking property ) in these areas.
Are you looking forward to going home?
Sharon
x