Where to go

Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to go

Having just started our process and feeling kinda nervous. Wondered if anyone out there could provide me on some insight into Brisbane. We have just come back from a fact finding mission to Sydney where we stayed with our rels. Really didn't like it for living in. Then we went up to the Central Coast to a place near Woy Woy which we loved. The prices of houses in this area are near Sydney prices so about the same as here. Have heard that Brisbane is cheaper but would like to know what the job situation and area is like. My husband is in IT so would like to be within comutable distance from the city and would like to be near the sea (don't we all) and would like a pool. Gotta be done not moving all this way not to have a pool. Not expecting riches but fun lifestyle. If anyone has some photos of the area would be grateful. Please send to johooper62-at-hotmail.com

Much appreciated in advance.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look back over the last 8-9 months or so on the forum, and search for posts by ABCDiamond, and MrsDagboy, to name but two. There are lots of people who are heading here or have recently arrived, and some of the posts should give you a start. then we can start being more descriptive once you have an idea of suburbs etc.
House prices in Brissie have gone mad over the last couple of years, also many more people have moved to outer suburbs, thus increasing traffic and commuting times.
Still, its not a bad place to settle, have a search and a read, and come back with some areas you like

Also have a browse through www.ourbrisbane.com
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:23 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to go

Originally posted by joho
Having just started our process and feeling kinda nervous. Wondered if anyone out there could provide me on some insight into Brisbane. We have just come back from a fact finding mission to Sydney where we stayed with our rels. Really didn't like it for living in. Then we went up to the Central Coast to a place near Woy Woy which we loved. The prices of houses in this area are near Sydney prices so about the same as here. Have heard that Brisbane is cheaper but would like to know what the job situation and area is like. My husband is in IT so would like to be within comutable distance from the city and would like to be near the sea (don't we all) and would like a pool. Gotta be done not moving all this way not to have a pool. Not expecting riches but fun lifestyle. If anyone has some photos of the area would be grateful. Please send to johooper62-at-hotmail.com

Much appreciated in advance.
It depends on what kind of IT he does. I would have loved to go to Brisbane (I do like heat) but in my line of IT work - there is absolutely no demand for what I do in Brisbane.

If you like, I can gather some links I have found useful over the last couple of weeks (demand for IT skill per state, salary per skill in IT state) PM me if you need that.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Gosford and Woy Woy last week.
There is a train to Sydney.Don't know how long it takes.
The Freeway is nearby but I would not like to commute it.
House prices are reasonable but not cheap.
I am going to put a post on about what I found out about house prices later on

Good luck

G
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:29 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Grayling
I was in Gosford and Woy Woy last week.
There is a train to Sydney.Don't know how long it takes.
The Freeway is nearby but I would not like to commute it.
House prices are reasonable but not cheap.
I was going to put a post on about whay I found out about house prices later on

Good luck

G
www.domain.com.au is pretty good for house prices. Also has suburb profiles on it too.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NedKelly63
www.domain.com.au is pretty good for house prices. Also has suburb profiles on it too.
Some websites are a bit misleading but a reasonable guide.

G
Old Jul 16th 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info really helpful, will go through it all in more detail with hubby.

My hubbies line of IT is 3rd line support, project managing that sort of thing, infastructure.

Cheers for the help