Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to find teaching jobs

Where to find teaching jobs

Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Mark and Susi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to find teaching jobs

My wife and I are moving to Melbourne in August 2009 and I would like to start searching for teaching jobs in Melbourne now but I am unsure the best place to look.

I currently teach maths to 8-13 year olds at a reputable prep school in London and I am looking for a similar job at a private school in Melbourne.

What would people recommend as being the best private schools in Melbourne?

Is there a website (similar to jobs.tes.co.uk in England) that lists teaching jobs in Melbourne or the whole of Australia?

Many thanks

Mark
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to find teaching jobs

Originally Posted by Mark and Susi
My wife and I are moving to Melbourne in August 2009 and I would like to start searching for teaching jobs in Melbourne now but I am unsure the best place to look.

I currently teach maths to 8-13 year olds at a reputable prep school in London and I am looking for a similar job at a private school in Melbourne.

What would people recommend as being the best private schools in Melbourne?

Is there a website (similar to jobs.tes.co.uk in England) that lists teaching jobs in Melbourne or the whole of Australia?

Many thanks

Mark
Firstly you will need to register with the Victorian Institute of Teaching here http://www.vit.vic.edu.au/content.asp?Document_ID=1 Just doing this myself so can't comment on how long it takes. Form is pretty straightforward though.

Can't comment on the rest as I haven't got that far!

Adi
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Private schools often put up job vacancies on their websites - then they will begin to advertise in the national press in about August/September for the new school year. This is the Melbourne Grammar link for example
Old Jul 27th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

You'll be looking at primary schools (up to age 13) linked to the private schools so it depends which suburbs you're looking at:

http://www.independentschools.com.au...8c652818acceb9

should help with vacancies!

Good luck

Carolyn
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Private schools also advertise on seek.com.au