Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is everyone???

Where is everyone???

Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:19 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where is everyone???

Is it me, or has half the usual forum population disappeared? Where is everyone? Has everyone wandered off for the Easter break or something?

I'm still here, stuck at work with nothing to do...
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Bunster
They're probably looking after kids etc. as its half term, or they could be lurking in the lounge/take it outside/locker room...
it can make you dizzy just checking up on all the going ons!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is everyone???

Originally posted by bundy
Is it me, or has half the usual forum population disappeared? Where is everyone? Has everyone wandered off for the Easter break or something?

Yeah, it's a bit more quiet lately....

Some are busy (like Pollyana, Badgers, WBB, Pollster), some movement is more in the Lounge and take it outside forums (but quiet today as well)

You know, one person who I haven't noticed for ages, is OzTennis... must be on holiday or something...
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:31 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Hiya Bunster
They're probably looking after kids etc. as its half term, or they could be lurking in the lounge/take it outside/locker room...
it can make you dizzy just checking up on all the going ons!

True. Just seems to be a bit quiet today! Mind you, I'd probably be off enjoying myself on Easter break if it hadn't been for the fact that I have to pay off the large amount of time I've just taken off to look after my mum....

At least there's still a few of us here
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hıya Bundy
Hope that you are feeling a bitbetter now. Nice to see you back.

debs
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:34 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by debsy
Hıya Bundy
Hope that you are feeling a bitbetter now. Nice to see you back.

debs

Thanks Debs, it's good to be back! I'm not complaining, but because I didn't think I'd be back at work yet, I'd cleared all my work until the end of April, so I don't actually have anything to do other than sit here and pretend to be busy.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:48 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I dont get on very often, and spend most of my time watching (being the shy kind!). But i agree, things are pretty quiet today.

Anyway, I had some news today (sort of). Got my police checks through. They were the last piece of the jigsaw. Now have all the last tings my case worker asked for, from meds to proof of the wedding from the celebrant. its all goingin the post tomorrow, then its just the last anxious wait!!

Starting to get a bit nervous cos its just seems to have stepped up in realism. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hope you all had a good weekend!

Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:51 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by loose
Hi all,

I dont get on very often, and spend most of my time watching (being the shy kind!). But i agree, things are pretty quiet today.

Anyway, I had some news today (sort of). Got my police checks through. They were the last piece of the jigsaw. Now have all the last tings my case worker asked for, from meds to proof of the wedding from the celebrant. its all goingin the post tomorrow, then its just the last anxious wait!!

Starting to get a bit nervous cos its just seems to have stepped up in realism. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hope you all had a good weekend!

Blimey Loose, you're nearly there then! Speedy work on the quiet, eh??!!

It's real mate, but that's a good thing. Much better than the whole limbo state in my view. My limbo state has just been extended by a year, which is depressing...
Old Apr 5th 2004, 11:56 am
Re mem mem member

Yeah I'm sorry mate. I do feel a bit guilty posting sometimes cos I know there's loads of people in that limbo place, and though my personal life makes the process very difficult, the actual visa app is going really smoothly.

I know you've had to delay, but you and Mr bundy will definately make it happen at some point. And the pictures on your Nundle thread are fantastic by the way.

Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:00 pm
She's a bird, you know

Yeah I'm sorry mate. I do feel a bit guilty posting sometimes cos I know there's loads of people in that limbo place, and though my personal life makes the process very difficult, the actual visa app is going really smoothly.

I know you've had to delay, but you and Mr bundy will definately make it happen at some point. And the pictures on your Nundle thread are fantastic by the way.

I know, I know. Wouldn't begrudge anyone their good times, believe me. And it's been a tough process for you as you say. Plus I'm not too down about the whole thing, because if we wait a year, I should get PR straight off rather than faffing about with TR first. SO that's a good thing.
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:08 pm
Re mem mem member

Good lass - every cloud and all that.

It'll fly by anyway.

Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:11 pm
She's a bird, you know

Good lass - every cloud and all that.

It'll fly by anyway.

That's true...the last year stormed past, so I'm sure this one will too. And it gives us another year of saving etc etc

But I'll be a year older, 30 looming on the horizon, and we want to travel around Oz a bit before finding our pub, getting settled and raising mini-Bundsters...

I'm sure it's all happened for a reason though, and patience is a virtue etc etc
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:18 pm
Re mem mem member

You're still a bairn. I'm 34 and still intend living it up for a while when I get there.

It just means you've got another year to increase your post count on here too!! :scared:

It will fly, and you'll enjoy all the more when you get there!
Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:21 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry Bundy and all the female population of Expats all is not lost cause TT is still here.

Is very strange and quiet in our office to. There is usually 5 or 6 of us here but today only 2 have arrived.

Did we miss something over the weekend.

TT

Originally posted by bundy

Old Apr 5th 2004, 12:35 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Dont worry Bundy and all the female population of Expats all is not lost cause TT is still here.

Is very strange and quiet in our office to. There is usually 5 or 6 of us here but today only 2 have arrived.

Did we miss something over the weekend.

TT
PHEW!!! Massive sigh of relief. TT is in the building.

Good to *see* you TT? How's tricks?

There are only 3 out of 7 of us here and I'm in charge, ha ha!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.