British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Where do you live? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-do-you-live-131239/)

bleggy Feb 7th 2003 7:11 am

Where do you live?

I would be interested to know people's reasons for leaving the UK to compare to mine. I also wonder whether location plays a big part in the decision to relocate to OZ.

Cheers
Blegs

Watt Dabney Feb 7th 2003 7:37 am

Re: Where do you live?

Originally posted by bleggy
I would be interested to know people's reasons for leaving the UK to compare to mine. I also wonder whether location plays a big part in the decision to relocate to OZ.

Cheers
Blegs

Do you want the 'where did I live' votes as well?

Paula

bleggy Feb 7th 2003 8:01 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Watt Dabney

Absolutely.

Without trying to be stereo-typical I am interested in, for example, whether more people from the south East say per head of population are tring to move or have moved. Is this an indication of traffic congesion, high cost of living etc. Or whether people from a particular area are struggling with unemployment or a lower standard of living and are looking for something better.

I appreciate we cannot do a scientific study of this but the bare facts may make interesting reading.

Cheers everybody

The Blegster

jajpe Feb 7th 2003 8:06 am

Cheers
Blegs

hi blegs,

does the North in your poll mean North England or Northern Ireland?

i'm assuming the former but i have loads of reasons for wanting to leave Northern Ireland!

if it's not included in your poll i would be interested if there is anyone else on here from NI and thinking of leaving.

either way the poll is a good idea.

bleggy Feb 7th 2003 8:22 am

Hi Shirley

Boil my testacles in oil. Sorry, I didn't include NI.

I don't know how to amend the poll now. Can anybody help?

The ashamed blegster

pread Feb 7th 2003 8:31 am

Dear Ashamed,

I've just added Northern Ireland in for you.

Cheers,
Paul.

Hi Shirley

The ashamed blegster

jajpe Feb 7th 2003 8:34 am

Hi Shirley

The ashamed blegster

hey, don't worry about it!!

it doesn't matter now. we are used to being left out over here. in fact there's another good reason to leave! the rest of the u.k. try to pretend we don't exist most of the time and who could blame them!!!

i'm sure we're not the only one's who dream of getting out of here though!

maybe other NIers could just post on here anyway!

jajpe Feb 7th 2003 8:37 am

there you go it's sorted and i've got northern ireland off the starting blocks!

thanks paul

bleggy Feb 7th 2003 9:41 am

Thank-you Paul.

Its true. You really are a 'super' moderator.

Ashamed and not worthy Blegster

sue5665 Feb 7th 2003 10:33 am

Hi,

We live in 'sunny' Cornwall, 5 minute's from the Eden Project, but like everybody else,we can't wait to go to Oz.

Sue

lenaro_w Feb 7th 2003 10:55 am

There is no particular reason that we are leaving but having discussed it for over 7 years my wife finally agreed. I can cite many reasons for going but in general I think it will be a big adventure. As listed in many areas of this site I am sure we will come across problems but we are not running away as some people may perceive it. We have a good life in the UK and no immediate family who live close by. The one thing that might not be so good is seeing more of the mother in law as I think she has now decided to move back to Australia!!!!

Inked Feb 7th 2003 12:21 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bleggy

Originally posted by Watt Dabney

Absolutely.

Without trying to be stereo-typical I am interested in, for example, whether more people from the south East say per head of population are tring to move or have moved. Is this an indication of traffic congesion, high cost of living etc. Or whether people from a particular area are struggling with unemployment or a lower standard of living and are looking for something better.

I appreciate we cannot do a scientific study of this but the bare facts may make interesting reading.

Cheers everybody

The Blegster

How will you weight the results? For example I would expect there to be more folk in London and the SE than in Wales .. so would expect to see proportionally more folk from those regions emigration, not doe to living in London, but merely due to basic maths of it, 1% of 17million is a bigger number than 1% of 1 million.

Also using the internet and membership of newsgroups is more likely with folk that use the internet a lot due to connection with their everyday job, since a larger proportion of work in the London and SE is computer oriented one way or another, I’d expect the sheer number of internet users in that region to influence the voting statistics..

Am I rambling on too much??? Don’t mean to pee on your BBQ, just not a lot can be read into the figures based on this type of sample.

regards,
Joe

baldbutts Feb 7th 2003 3:32 pm

Boil my testacles in oil.
Can anybody help?

The ashamed blegster
Don't be ashamed Blegs,I boil mine all the time.

BB-top tip,don't microwave 'em

bleggy Feb 7th 2003 4:18 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by baldbutts

Does boiling them make them really smooth?

baldbutts Feb 7th 2003 4:32 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bleggy

Originally posted by baldbutts

Does boiling them make them really smooth?

If you want smooth,use vegemite & next doors dog

BB-down Rover