Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do you buy computer stuff online?

Where do you buy computer stuff online?

Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Where do you buy computer stuff online?

Hi there,

Has anyone got a good Oz website to buy computer stuff from. I am in WA.

Cheers

J
Old Jun 4th 2007, 6:29 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you buy computer stuff online?

http://www.mcgtech.com.au/
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

Cheers

J

www.eyo.com.au

S
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Cheers

J
search on here for arkon
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:23 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Where do you buy computer stuff online?

Hi there,

Cheers

J
Scorpion Technology.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:35 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Cheers

J
www.bravido.com.au

I find to be the best and I have no bias at all!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:42 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Where do you buy computer stuff online?

Originally Posted by steve`o
search on here for arkon
Then complain about the service and quality.

Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:55 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

http://www.ht.com.au
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:14 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Then complain about the service and quality.

Believe it or not, I actually get letters of thanks for the great service. Which to be honest stun me a bit as I get thank you letters because they got their stuff within a week!

My processing time is normally less than an hour, well 5 minutes to be precise, then I have to arrange for shipment from the Aussie warehouse and this can take 48 hours just to get someone to ackknowledge the order and send me a performa invoice! So Basically I do all I can as fast as I can and then sit on my hands for up to 2 days before the goods are shipped.

It does all depend on who I deal with for the goods, sometimes I get stunned when they ship within hours of me lodging the order and then it's all down to Auspost and the couriers as to how fast people get it.

I've stopped promising delivery withing 3 days as too often it's not possible no matter what I do, All I now promise is 24 hour dispatch, then it's usually with everyone within 7 days. I used to get frustrated at letting people down with tardy delivery but now I just accept it like all my customers do.

Basically if you want it next day you need to go elsewhere for your stuff as I find it impossible to do.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Believe it or not, I actually get letters of thanks for the great service. Which to be honest stun me a bit as I get thank you letters because they got their stuff within a week!

My processing time is normally less than an hour, well 5 minutes to be precise, then I have to arrange for shipment from the Aussie warehouse and this can take 48 hours just to get someone to ackknowledge the order and send me a performa invoice! So Basically I do all I can as fast as I can and then sit on my hands for up to 2 days before the goods are shipped.

It does all depend on who I deal with for the goods, sometimes I get stunned when they ship within hours of me lodging the order and then it's all down to Auspost and the couriers as to how fast people get it.

I've stopped promising delivery withing 3 days as too often it's not possible no matter what I do, All I now promise is 24 hour dispatch, then it's usually with everyone within 7 days. I used to get frustrated at letting people down with tardy delivery but now I just accept it like all my customers do.

Basically if you want it next day you need to go elsewhere for your stuff as I find it impossible to do.
If I buy something on the internet from the UK it arrives quicker than if I bought something that was located on the East Coast.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:10 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If I buy something on the internet from the UK it arrives quicker than if I bought something that was located on the East Coast.
I know. Frustrating isn't it. As I'm now part of that poor supply chain I now fully understand why. There is just no sense of urgency and I've even tried using payment as a hostage and you know what, they don't care if they get paid or not, they really don't mind loosing customers. I used to think, if I don't like it, do something about it and create my own online store and I can't fail. Surely if I give it 200%, return calls, answer emails and give a good fast service I can't fail.

Well you can. You can only be as good as your weakest link and here I'm afraid the wholesalers and importers are that weakest link.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
I know. Frustrating isn't it. As I'm now part of that poor supply chain I now fully understand why. There is just no sense of urgency and I've even tried using payment as a hostage and you know what, they don't care if they get paid or not, they really don't mind loosing customers. I used to think, if I don't like it, do something about it and create my own online store and I can't fail. Surely if I give it 200%, return calls, answer emails and give a good fast service I can't fail.

Well you can. You can only be as good as your weakest link and here I'm afraid the wholesalers and importers are that weakest link.
I would also say that its a bit of "if you don't like it tough culture". Not too much flexibility and effort to please customers. I am not complaining just saying this is the culture. This is the way we do it and there you go. There is no way of speeding things up. I know if I was in England and I could be extra friendly to try and get a bit of help and it would work not here. This is the way it is and thats that. Again I am not complaining just pointing out the difference.

Thanks for all the responses.

Regards

PoppetUK (perhaps I should be become PoppetOz or PoppetWA now!)
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:42 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Online_Vendors

A useful list.

Oh come back ebuyer!!