Reload this Page >

Where do we start???

Where do we start???

Old May 8th 2009, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Leigh-Adam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do we start???

Hi

We have finally decided that we want to go and emigrate to Australia, however we are unsure of the correct course of action we need to take.
Can anyone out there advise us to the following:

Due to my partner being an engineer on the railway a lot of companies recruit in the uk to work in Oz, Is it better to go down this route, and would this be quicker in acquiring a visa?

Or would it be better to apply for the Visa now and then apply for vacancies?

And is there a timeframe from being granted the visa to having to move out there?

I already have relatives out there who are willing to sponsor us, but we are unsure which would be the best/quickest route for us to take on our journey down under.

Many thanks for your advice

Leigh and Adam
Old May 8th 2009, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where do we start???

Hey And Welcome

Probably best to talk to an agent and see what your options are. I would think its best to get a visa off your OH skills if you can that way you are not tied down to the job that sponsors you for two years. Downside is it can take a fair bit of time to get. But i would talk to an agent and see what they have to say. It does not cost anything to talk to them.

Best of luck

Paddy
Old May 9th 2009, 12:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

First off you need to read and reread the DIAC site and work out what visa would work best. If you struggle with that then looking on the Immigration forum and finding one of the excellent agents and contacting them for a one off free consultation would be the way to go. That forum is a mine of fantastic information and advice.

Use the advanced search facility (pink toolbar near the top of the page) for more information as well as the Wiki pages.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply, Will keep you informed.

Leigh and Adam
Old May 9th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Leigh-Adam
Thanks for the quick reply, Will keep you informed.

Leigh and Adam
Can anyone recommend an agent?
Old May 9th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Have sent you private message re agents?