Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do we go??? Please give advice

Where do we go??? Please give advice

Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

davina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant future
Default Where do we go??? Please give advice

Hi we are a late 30 something married couple and have two girls age 6 and 9.
We want to move to Oz but am now getting confused about where we should settle.
We looked at Perth area and although it looks lovely I have noticed you can get more for your money (in property) in the Queensland area.
HELP!!!
Could anyone give me some advice on areas etc. We like the quieter side to life although were not dead yet and like to party when we get the chance, (kids seem to have a habit of slowing it down!).
My husband is a carpenter and I am a bookeeper (but I'm not really that boring!), I am also traning in hairdressing. I like the girls to have a good family life and am keen for them to live in a nice neighbourhood.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:57 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go??? Please give advice

Originally Posted by davina and steve
We looked at Perth area and although it looks lovely I have noticed you can get more for your money (in property) in the Queensland area.
HELP!!!
Could anyone give me some advice on areas etc. We like the quieter side to life although were not dead yet and like to party when we get the chance, (kids seem to have a habit of slowing it down!).
My husband is a carpenter and I am a bookeeper (but I'm not really that boring!), I am also traning in hairdressing. I like the girls to have a good family life and am keen for them to live in a nice neighbourhood.
Many thanks

the goldcoast
http://www.australia-goldcoast.com.au/
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

davina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant futuredavina and steve has a brilliant future

WOW looks fab!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

dalbrun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I really like Perth and the west coast in general but it can be a little isolated for some, next comes Brisbane and then Melbourne. Excellent weather up the east coast and it hasn't suffered from the surge in property prices as much as Perth.
I would do some home work on climate before you make up your mind depending on your preference you'll find somewhere in Australia to suit.
Good luck!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Great thanks for advice, Gold coast looks lovely anyone else there?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

HELP!!!
Many thanks
Hi we are heading to the gold coast, went there in may to validate our visa,s having never been we fell in love with the place, what a life changing experiance we had . there is so many different areas and one would have to visit to find out for your selfs as it is all down to personal preferance. We stayed with friends at clear island waters for a week and then in burleigh heads for a week and fell in love with it.the sunshine coast is supposed to be beautifull as well but run out of time to visit good look with the process .
Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

WOW looks fab!
Have you never thought about looking before you leap? Anywhere can be made to look nice....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hervey Bay, suits us all down to the ground. Worth a look?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Great thanks to you all, we are planning a trip in April next year to have a look around. Any one want to meet up when we are there for a chat that would be great.
Thanks again x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:06 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks to you all, we are planning a trip in April next year to have a look around. Any one want to meet up when we are there for a chat that would be great.
Thanks again x
drop in for a barbie whilst your here
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Will hold you to that Steve, my hubby would like you just for sharing the same name! I see your renovating is that business or pleasure? My husband runs his own construction firm, carpenter/joiner by trade sounds like you could have stuff in common already.
Thanks mate x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:25 am
Worongary

Will hold you to that Steve, my hubby would like you just for sharing the same name! I see your renovating is that business or pleasure? My husband runs his own construction firm, carpenter/joiner by trade sounds like you could have stuff in common already.
Thanks mate x
i`m an electrician guys

doing up my own property and if you have the time its all here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

How life in Oz for you? See you been there about a year, was it very difficult in the beginning? How has the rest of your family taken to it? Sorry fot the questions just feel i need soooo much info!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:35 pm
Worongary

How life in Oz for you? See you been there about a year, was it very difficult in the beginning? How has the rest of your family taken to it? Sorry fot the questions just feel i need soooo much info!
most of what your asking is on the above thread
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:41 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

HELP!!!
Many thanks

Really cant help you as we dont know where to go either. Just wanted to say hi. Mark is a carpenter and I do accounts, we are validating in a couple of weeks and looking at Melbourne and Adelaide, which we havent been to before. We like Queensland and Perth and have friends in Perth but hopefully we will have a better idea of where to settle soon. If you havent been before, i would recommend a reccie if you can afford to.

All the best

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.