Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do private schools advertise for staff?

Where do private schools advertise for staff?

Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Where do private schools advertise for staff?

I'm looking for primary teaching positions in sydney. I'm registered with online job search engines (or whatever they're called!) but wondered whether there were any papers, websites etc which were used by private schools to advertise for staff.....

Many Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:51 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do private schools advertise for staff?

I have seen quite a few "school" jobs advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald on a Saturday in the "My Career" Section.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, I am from NSW (near to Sydney) and my english girlfriend is a teacher so we are just going through tis same process for her move to Aust with me.

for government run schools, they list them on the website of the Department of Education and Training website. Follow the link below and loo at the links on the right of the page that say 'casual teaching positions', 'permenant positions' etc.

https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/employmen...w/overseas.htm

All of these jobs are also advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald and you can view them by searching the mycareer website (linked to fairfax newsopapers so that all ads that appear in the paper also appear on the mycareer website)

www.mycareer.com.au

there are also many private schools that will not necessarily advertise on the DET website (becasue they are not run by DET). sometimes jobs in these schools can be harder to find becasue the jobs are listed in other places/on other websites. Most of them will also advertise on the mycareer website (link above) but another good site that some of them is is this one:

www.teachers.on.net

which any school can use to advertise - this is useda lot by non-governmetn schools in NSW.

Other than that you can try looking on the website of the Catholic Schools Office for the area you are thinking of working in.

Hope this helps. Any questions let me know!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Thanks for those quick replies -- those web sites are useful..... A couple of potential part time jobs for me which I hadnt expected so thanks very much! Will also pick up a paper this weekend....

Last edited by Katherined0; Jun 26th 2007 at 12:35 pm. Reason: remove quote
Old Jun 27th 2007, 4:00 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

hi katherine

most states have an independent schools association, this is the vic one, check the 'employment' link as a start but you can also contact them for more details on how to get work - good luck:

http://www.ais.vic.edu.au/about/index.htm