Reload this Page >

Where do i start ?

Where do i start ?

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Jodie06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do i start ?

HI there,

i am currently a student nurse in the uk and im thinking about moving to australia when i have qualified as there is no jobs in the uk and i dont want to spend 3 years in college to do nothing at the end of it. I have a family (hubby & 2 kids). I have been searching the net but i seem to be confusing myself with all the info. I just wondered if you could please tell me what i need to do to start planning a move to australia, i have family in Perth.

thanks for reading
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:54 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do i start ?

Originally Posted by Jodie06
HI there,

i am currently a student nurse in the uk and im thinking about moving to australia when i have qualified as there is no jobs in the uk and i dont want to spend 3 years in college to do nothing at the end of it. I have a family (hubby & 2 kids). I have been searching the net but i seem to be confusing myself with all the info. I just wondered if you could please tell me what i need to do to start planning a move to australia, i have family in Perth.

thanks for reading
Welcome to the boards firstly........It is a long and winding road that most of us are on we are all at various stages and everyone is only to happy to help each other on here, they really are lovely ppl.

I looked here firstly.

www.immi.gov.au
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:56 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jodie06
HI there,

thanks for reading
1. http://www.immi.gov.au
(Has all the visa info and downloadable leaflets.)

2. Join the nurses forum and the imiigration forums on here.
(When you log onto "British Expats" scroll down and you'll find them )

3. Contact an agent. But make ssure, you do a search on here first - so you don't get ripped off.
A good one is "Go Matilda". Their website is at http://www.gomatilda.com
You can do a free visa assessment with them.

Weekends tend to be quiet here on all the forums. So, don't be too disappointed if you don't get too much response over the weekend. The Australians are all out enjoying the sunshine . They'll all be back on Monday, when they're back at work - but reading and writing on here

Good luck.

Gina
Old Aug 12th 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

The first thing we did was an online skills assessment to see whether we were eligible for any of the many vsas that are available. Be aware that if you are eligible the agents that offer online assessments are likely to start contacting you to sell their services, so it's worth thinking about whether you want to use an agent/which agent you want to use first - especially as may of them vary in prie and services offered.

Visiting the Australian Govt immigration site that the previous 2 posters have mentioned is also a good way to better understand what is out there.

You will also find a lot of answers from people who are going through or have been through the process on this and many of the other forums around.

Good luck!