Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where do i start?

where do i start?

Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

scoopster is an unknown quantity at this point
Question where do i start?

after much thought we have decided to go for the big move to oz, we have looked at various sites, but haven't got a clue as to the best way to apply.i am a paramedic (doesn't seem to be worth much) and my wife is a chartered accountant (high points i think), do we apply for skills assement first?, or start the medicals? would anyone recommend agents or going it alone. your views greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:42 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where do i start?

Originally Posted by scoopster
after much thought we have decided to go for the big move to oz, we have looked at various sites, but haven't got a clue as to the best way to apply.i am a paramedic (doesn't seem to be worth much) and my wife is a chartered accountant (high points i think), do we apply for skills assement first?, or start the medicals? would anyone recommend agents or going it alone. your views greatly appreciated.
If you wife has the points then go with her as main applicant and yes get skill assement first. Then main bit with meds etc or wait till meds are requested if you are in a hurry then send them at same time but it is a 2 step process
Old Mar 21st 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: where do i start?

Hi Scoopster

To begin with, your wife will need to have her skills assessed, once that is done, you send your application to the Department of Immigration and Multiculteral affairs and finally, when they are satisfied they will request that you go for your medicals and send in a police clearance certificate. It's a long and drawn out process but worth it . I suggest that you start of by visiting www.immi.gov.au. Chartered Accountants are (I believe) on the demand list which is good news for you, and it also means that you would be find going it alone, provided you meet all the point requirements and have nothing to hide,

Good luck