Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do I find moving to NZ information?

Where do I find moving to NZ information?

Old Oct 16th 2003, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Lightbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Where do I find moving to NZ information?

We have just started thinking about moving to New Zealand.
A friend told me about this link.
Where do I find out about 'moving to NZ stuff' like magazines, shows, recruitment, consultants, web sites and things?
Does anybody know the answer?
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:58 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

HI,

There's a whole Move to NZ show going on in London this week - if you are quick you might catch it - there are loads of websites too - just enter "Move to New Zealand" into any search engine and you'll get sorted.....there's nukiwi , movetonz, nzis (sub categories), loads basically......

all the best, Rich.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Lightbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default checking out newjobz

thanks for your info
Found some good links thru your sugestions.
I have friend in nz checking out newjobz.
nothing like a bit of undercover work!
will let you know.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Rich, how could you possibly have not mentioned your favourite links site?

Ben
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

newjobz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: checking out newjobz

Originally posted by Lightbrown
thanks for your info
Found some good links thru your sugestions.
I have friend in nz checking out newjobz.
nothing like a bit of undercover work!
will let you know.
Actually we are just cowboyz who will charge thousands of dollars for something you can get for nothing. We have reduced our fees as the Brits seem too bright to fall for our rubbish & we therefore have no takers. This is why we are reduced to using 'people' like Lightbrown, Kiwichatman etc to advertise our service. (It's me actually, tee-hee!)
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Itchyfeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where do I find moving to NZ information?

Originally posted by Lightbrown
We have just started thinking about moving to New Zealand.
A friend told me about this link.
Where do I find out about 'moving to NZ stuff' like magazines, shows, recruitment, consultants, web sites and things?
Does anybody know the answer?
Hi Lightbrown,

We have just been approved for NZ, but 12 months ago were in your position.
Try www.benz1.com - loads of really useful links - wish we'd discovered this one earlier.
My husband secured a job offer through an ad in the NZ Herald - accessible online.
Good luck with your application.

Faye.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

newjobz is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry, lightbrown doesn't exist. Our company made him up. You see, I learnt all these new marketing ploys from watching those staged adverts in the uk with Carol Smilie. Like the fake street questionaire ones? Thought I'd try a similar approach on the net.

Seems to be working!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 5:35 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

The sites listed are not my favourites - I got most info from Benz site and NZIS and general surfing. I paid for the NUkiwi stuff in the very beginning, but got a refund as it was just a collection of the NZIS forms in one place (try the NZIS site for this - it's free), and a couple of pages of blah, blah NZ is like this....basically nothing you can't find on the Expats forum.....still, it must be working for him as I saw a Porsche Carrera in Downtown Wellington with the private reg of "NuKiwi", so I imagine the guys doing alright. Apparently it costs about $300 US and they give you a one hour consultation and open a bank account for you......easy money for him to make obviously if he can afford a Carrera. I doubt he got residency with this as a proposed business, but with lots of people desperate to get into NZ, I guess it's viable now, and hardly difficult to operate.

My advice is to look around and pay for nothing until you are absolutely sure it's worth the outlay.

all the best, Rich.