Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do I choose to live in Brisbane?

Where do I choose to live in Brisbane?

Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

WILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud ofWILKINSONS has much to be proud of
Default Where do I choose to live in Brisbane?

My husband has got a job in Rocklea south of Brisbane and I have looked at lots of surrounding suburbs. However I am still unsure where to locate, the coast appeals to me but would this be too far to travel. Can anyone help as it is a huge responsibilty trying to choose the best place to be. We are a family of 4 , I have an 18 year old to consider and also a 7 year old to consider with school. Also price matters I would like a big plot with a pool thats not too expensive. Can anyone give any advice. We have had our medicals and are just waiting to sell the house. Hope to be there soon so need to get things sorted. Thanks xxx
Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:03 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do I choose to live in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by WILKINSONS
My husband has got a job in Rocklea south of Brisbane and I have looked at lots of surrounding suburbs. However I am still unsure where to locate, the coast appeals to me but would this be too far to travel. Can anyone help as it is a huge responsibilty trying to choose the best place to be. We are a family of 4 , I have an 18 year old to consider and also a 7 year old to consider with school. Also price matters I would like a big plot with a pool thats not too expensive. Can anyone give any advice. We have had our medicals and are just waiting to sell the house. Hope to be there soon so need to get things sorted. Thanks xxx
Hi,

You can try www.realestate.com.au and www.ourbrisbane.com

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:27 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I live in Sherwood which is just down the road from Rocklea. You may want to look at Corinda, Oxley and Darra as potential suburbs to look at. they are all up and coming areas and you would get more bang for your buck. They are also on the Ipswich-City train line so your eldest could get to work/school/uni easily. The local state schools seem to have a good reputation too (I know Sherwood State Primary is highly thought of). Sherwood is lovely but more expensive than the other suburbs I mentioned and the house lots are a bit smaller.

I'm renting at the moment, but as soon as I can afford to buy I will be looking in Corinda/Oxley.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:32 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

don't go with darra, whatever you do. sherwood is nice, but for your 18yr old, look inner city, paddington, ashgrove, toowong, new farm, etc. much nice suburbs anyway!

Originally Posted by tking
Hi

I live in Sherwood which is just down the road from Rocklea. You may want to look at Corinda, Oxley and Darra as potential suburbs to look at. they are all up and coming areas and you would get more bang for your buck. They are also on the Ipswich-City train line so your eldest could get to work/school/uni easily. The local state schools seem to have a good reputation too (I know Sherwood State Primary is highly thought of). Sherwood is lovely but more expensive than the other suburbs I mentioned and the house lots are a bit smaller.

I'm renting at the moment, but as soon as I can afford to buy I will be looking in Corinda/Oxley.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooooooooo not Darra!!!!! :scared: :scared:

Nick, nice places you mentioned, but the OP did mention having a big block of land, with a pool for not much money, wonder if there's anything available in Charleville?

Nice to see Sherwood State school still being up there & turning out great students, just like it was 35 years ago then .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jan 16th 2007 at 5:49 am.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:58 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Hi I work in rocklea and travel from the gold coast each day maybe you can look down this way

Martin
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Nice to see Sherwood State school still being up there & turning out great students, just like it was 35 years ago then .

Yep.
They're finnnnally smart enough now to be able to leave school just in time to get a job before they go onto the pension.

WW
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:59 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Yep.
They're finnnnally smart enough now to be able to leave school just in time to get a job before they go onto the pension.

WW
Hey, I resent that, Im not even close to going onto the pension yet. Even though my maths is out & its actually 30 years since I went to that school LOL .
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

i work in oxley near rocklea i live in forest lake some parts have big blocks. oxley is nice or even springfield (not lakes) my mates just got a big bloke there with a pool very cheap
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

Hi I work in Rocklea and travel from the Browns Plain area, It takes about 35 mins at peak times and the housing is some of the cheaper in Southside (some would say that says something about the area) but you do get a lot more for your money esecially if you travel further South.
Good luck with some hard choices ahead.

Dean
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by billywetpants
Hi I work in Rocklea and travel from the Browns Plain area, It takes about 35 mins at peak times and the housing is some of the cheaper in Southside (some would say that says something about the area) but you do get a lot more for your money esecially if you travel further South.
Good luck with some hard choices ahead.

Dean
is there a ban on wearing footwear in the shopping center at browns plains:scared:
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
my mates just got a big bloke there with a pool very cheap
Can I have one of those please
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

is there a ban on wearing footwear in the shopping center at browns plains:scared:
Can't say I noticed that many people without footwear, maybe if more people threw tab ends on the floor,spat chewing gum out and coughed their guts up it would stop them.

Dean
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can I have one of those please
If you say pretty please
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Nowt wrong wi Browns Plains shopping centre!
It's got "almost" everything you need (a Department Store would be useful).

All the major shops - KMart, Target, Big W, fast food joint, banks, post office, RACQ, Woolies, Coles AND Aldi!

There's also a cinema....and a bus station.

Anyway - i'm off there this morning - I'll have a count of people in no shoes:scared:

Lj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.