Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where do I buy in Sydney.

where do I buy in Sydney.

Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default where do I buy in Sydney.

A payg sim and a baby carseat...I can't for the life of me find either (walking distance anyway) near Pyrmont....does Toysrus stock carseats, anyone been? Do they tether it in for you?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where do I buy in Sydney.

Can't help you with the carseat but the PAYG/pre-paid SIM, I'm still sticking with the Vodafone pay $29 to get $150 credit monthly deal, despite my phone not working in most of my house.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Seasider
Can't help you with the carseat but the PAYG/pre-paid SIM, I'm still sticking with the Vodafone pay $29 to get $150 credit monthly deal, despite my phone not working in most of my house.
Hmmmm....what shop do I get one from? A phone shop or a 7/11?
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:12 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours from Vodafone in the airport so I'm not certain but if 7-Eleven is nearer, start there.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:13 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plantpot
Hmmmm....what shop do I get one from? A phone shop or a 7/11?
Car seat - go to K-Mart or Target (or alternatively go to Babies Galore, but this is more expensive)....
Sim - I use Virgin and they have been great (Optus network) - they have a store on Pitt St, or you cna pick up sims in any phone store and even some superstores...

Steve
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:15 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

A payg sim and a baby carseat...I can't for the life of me find either (walking distance anyway) near Pyrmont....does Toysrus stock carseats, anyone been? Do they tether it in for you?
Sorry - forgot this bit...
Toys-R-Us do stock a range, but better selection in the stores I mentioned.
As for tethering, it is dead easy assuming you have a modern ish car. There will likely be a fixing in the boot that you just click the tether to, then tighten it. simple
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure if you head towards Chinatown you'll find plenty of mobile shops. I like Vodafone PAYG as you can use your minutes to call overseas ($49 gets you $320 worth of calls so I wait until the last few days and chat to friends in the UK until my credit runs out )

I got a car seat from KMart but they tend to be out of town - I did a quick search on the store locator for you but I can't see any nearby.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:38 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Your nearest shopping centres are Market City and Broadway (Has a Target). Both will have heaps of SIM card sellers. Toys R Us is at Moore Park which is a Taxi ride away but good for furniture. Prince of Wales hospital at Randwick will sell car seats and fit. They on the top level of the car park. Babies Galore there will also sell but I do not know about fitting.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:13 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I agree about the vodafone deals, $49 to get $320 worth of credit, came in very handy when ringing around to view rentals. I've just dropped to a $29 top up as I'm not using it so much.

Also Crazy Johns seem to advertise a lot of phone deals, so check them out.