Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where do I begin?

Where do I begin?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

emmski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where do I begin?

Hallloooo, i've just joined today as my hubby and i have finally decided that we are going to emigrate. Perhaps because it's all happening so quick, and i'm reading and researching 24/7 that i don't actually know where to begin. How do I start this?... please help!??!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do I begin?

Originally Posted by emmski
Hallloooo, i've just joined today as my hubby and i have finally decided that we are going to emigrate. Perhaps because it's all happening so quick, and i'm reading and researching 24/7 that i don't actually know where to begin. How do I start this?... please help!??!
hi

look on the government website for australia under migration

dimia.gov.au

check if you have enough points to qualify

if you dont, dont apply, if you do then consider applying

Do lots and lots of paperwork, wait quite a while

Move to oz.

Then find its the same as the uk without the decent humour, but has great weather.

Live happily ever after or not and move home.

LOL, Couldnt help the rest but the top 3 lines are the best place to start

Good luck.

Al
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

emmski is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
hi

look on the government website for australia under migration

dimia.gov.au

check if you have enough points to qualify

if you dont, dont apply, if you do then consider applying

Do lots and lots of paperwork, wait quite a while

Move to oz.

Then find its the same as the uk without the decent humour, but has great weather.

Live happily ever after or not and move home.

LOL, Couldnt help the rest but the top 3 lines are the best place to start

Good luck.

Al
Thanks lol. Sitting at my miserable desk in this miserable country that god forgot, just laughing. Thanks for the advice! x
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emmski
Thanks lol. Sitting at my miserable desk in this miserable country that god forgot, just laughing. Thanks for the advice! x
You could just move to manchester and be alot happier.

LOL
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:09 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Hi emmski

Welcome to BE.

Have you ever been to Oz?, that might be a good place to start ?
The only way through all this is just to start trawling the websites, books ad magazines to sort out, firstly whether either of you qualifies for a visa, and if the answer is yes, then you can't go wrong on here.

Its a long, drawn out, complicated, soul destroying, heartbreaking and utterly thrilling process, so Good Luck!

Nic
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:10 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
You could just move to manchester and be alot happier.

LOL
Quality!

Nic
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

I went to one of the migration days - found it really useful as an intro - they give you all the forms , talk to people from different states , check your points.
Worth the hour it takes - not sure whether there is one coming up but worth looking into as a starter