Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where did you stay when you first arrived on GC?

Wikiposts

Where did you stay when you first arrived on GC?

Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where did you stay when you first arrived on GC?

Hi
I am still trying to find somewhere to stay for the first two weeks of our arrival. We arrive a week on tuesday so I know I am cutting it pretty fine.
We are looking to settle on the Northern end of the Gold Coast.

Any links would be great. TA

Nicola
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did you stay when you first arrived on GC?

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hi
I am still trying to find somewhere to stay for the first two weeks of our arrival. We arrive a week on tuesday so I know I am cutting it pretty fine.

Nicola

Hi Nicola,

There are not too many serviced short term places on the Northern end but 10 mins drive south in Main beach there are heaps, a great location as you can walk to everything, bars, restaurants,beach etc. It is only a 10 min drive to the northern end and is central for the whole Gold Coast.

I have personally stayed at "Oscar on Main" in Main Beach and have organised many people their stays there when they first come over.

Very nice f/furnished apartments overlooking the ocean and a good quality and not too expensive. Here is the link for the website: http://www.oscaronmain.com.au

There are quite a few short term holiday style lets up mount Tambourine which is very nice but take your cardie cos it is cold up there. but at least it is in the Northern end.

I wish you all the best, contact me if you need some more options because there are quite a few to choose from.

Tony

www.platinumrelocations.com.au
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Nicola
Hi Nicole

We stayed at the Pyramind Caravan Park in Tweed. They are like cabins and ours had a lounge, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.

It was clean and confortable, reasonably priced and had a laundry room on site....along with a small shop.

The website is www.pyramidpark.com.au

Sharon

Last edited by BandS; Jul 30th 2006 at 4:30 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BandS
Hi Nicole

We stayed at the Pyramind Caravan Park in Tweed. They are like cabins and ours had a lounge, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.

It was clean and confortable, reasonably priced and had a laundry room on site....along with a small shop.

The website is www.pyramidpark.com.au

Sharon
Bit of a drive though if checking out the northern end for homes. A few people have stayed at the Scalanda(Sp?) on Main Beach - seems ok. Jane and Russ Middleton stayed there very recently. Try a search for them, I think there was a link to the place on the post. I stayed at an Expats apartment block on Main Beach but she's not there anymore so possibly not as cheap as we got it
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nicola,

Try Ashmore Palms Holiday Village in Ashmore, North of the coast, its won loads of awards and very child friendly with lots of different types of accommodation http://www.ashmorepalms.com.au/#

Lisa
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi

Nicola
Hi
The appartments that moneypenny was talking about was Scalinada. A few of us of stayed there. They are in a fab location and reasonably priced. Mention me (Karen Capper)& he may give you a discount I know he did for Jane & Russ.
Scalinada
7/22 Woodroffe Ave Main Beach 4217
07 55329830
[email protected]
Gary is the manager.
Karen
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi,

We stayed at The gold Coast Caravan park on Siganto Drive in Oxenford. It was ok, basic but what more do you need when you will be spending most of the day driving round rentals and garages.

It was reasonably priced too. We were wanting to be in Upper Coomera so it suited us fine as it is literally 5 minutes drive from there. It also had a pool for teh girls to play in and a big jumping pillow (like a bouncy castle but without the sides!)

If you want to know any more please feel free to PM me and I will try to help
Marie
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:35 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

A member of this site runs a service,
http://www.goldcoastsmile.com/

been used and recommended by many on here.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi

Nicola
We stayed at Crystal Bay Apartments for the reasons it's on the northern gold coast and they had vacancies!!! We were very happy there for the 10 days, we had a 2 bed apartment as we have a small child and could use the internet to do things when he was asleep. It's right on the Broadwater near Australia fair, across the water to Seaworld and Surfers is about a 10 min drive.

Here's the link
http://www.crystalbay.com.au/

Good luck

Last edited by sonictigger; Jul 30th 2006 at 10:35 pm. Reason: Link added