Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is the cheapest place to book flight to OZ

Where is the cheapest place to book flight to OZ

Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Where is the cheapest place to book flight to OZ

We have been granted our visa this week and plan to fly out to Perth from London at the end of April, we obviously need a one way ticket
Where is the cheapest place to buy the tickets, my boys are ages 13 and 14 so classed as adults which means we will need to buy 4 adult tickets.
Also how do we go about claiming the extra suitcase weight, is there only certain air lines that allow this extra suitcase weight?
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

fartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nicefartso is just really nice
Default Re: Where is the cheapest place to book flight to OZ

Great news about your visa's.Wish you all the very best.

Sorry i cant help you about cheap flights,but can you help me on your childrens schooling? What did you do to get them into school?

We are waiting to hear about our visa and wanting to go to Perth.

Any help please.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point

I just booked with Southall Travel in London - they price match and were somehow able to get me 6 seats on a Cathay Pacific flight that we wanted On 8 April - everywhere else was booked out.
We got returns as we may come back for a holiday at easter
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fartso
Great news about your visa's.Wish you all the very best.

Sorry i cant help you about cheap flights,but can you help me on your childrens schooling? What did you do to get them into school?

We are waiting to hear about our visa and wanting to go to Perth.

Any help please.
We havent sorted out the kids school yet were going to do that once were over there as we want to have a look around the schools first and then decided which one to send them too.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:10 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
We have been granted our visa this week and plan to fly out to Perth from London at the end of April, we obviously need a one way ticket
Where is the cheapest place to buy the tickets, my boys are ages 13 and 14 so classed as adults which means we will need to buy 4 adult tickets.
Also how do we go about claiming the extra suitcase weight, is there only certain air lines that allow this extra suitcase weight?
Ebookers dot com is good, select your options, including one way and any stopovers if you want and it will give you a list of all options available for that date, starting with the cheapest. If you select a stopover, like we did for Singapore, then obviously it will bias towards those airlines but we got 2 adults and 1 child for 1356 quid one way with a 2 day stopover in Singapore and includes the extra baggage allowance!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

We came across with Singapore Airlines, as good as if not slightly better than most of the others. 40 kg allowance for migrants (one way tickets) at no additional cost. Booked via the internet on their own website:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/index.jsp

As cheap as the other main contenders, although give Asda travel a try at:

http://www.asda-travel.co.uk/

Andy
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:17 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

try etihad airline they are cheap at the moment
Old Jan 18th 2008, 12:47 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hi there, I think we might have met you at the (1st) Plymouth meet, Sarah & Lee & 4 kids going to Brisbane. How are you and how are all the others getting on? Do you all keep in touch still?

A good place for cheap flights is ASDA.com beleive it or not...we found them very good. Good luck.

Last edited by SarahJane2007; Jan 18th 2008 at 12:48 am. Reason: sorry off topic
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shortlets
Hi there, I think we might have met you at the (1st) Plymouth meet, Sarah & Lee & 4 kids going to Brisbane. How are you and how are all the others getting on? Do you all keep in touch still?

A good place for cheap flights is ASDA.com beleive it or not...we found them very good. Good luck.
Yes I remember you how have you all settled into Brisbaine? Would love to hear how you are getting on, we have just been granted our visa this week so are on a high
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi There

We tried everywhere when we flew and best price came from TRAVELBAG.CO.UK

Jane
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all your replies were planning to book the flights up this weekened so will check out all the companies you mentioned
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:19 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Yes I remember you how have you all settled into Brisbaine? Would love to hear how you are getting on, we have just been granted our visa this week so are on a high
CONGRATULATIONS!...I bet you are estatic!...we were too...and do you remember the horrendous problems we had with our lost medicals etc? But you get there in the end and it seems so long ago now. We have been here in Bayside, East Brisbane for 7 months!OMG! sounds like forever...we love it and have all settled in really well. The kids have made great firends at school and we have met hundreds (litereally) hundreds of expats who live in our area and have got together for all sorts of pursuits...4x4 driving on Bribie Island, BBq's, Theme Parks, Parks, camping...its been great and everybody you meet has so much enthusiasm. Lee and I have both found work really easily (he's a plumber I'm in Real estate) and we have had 2 lots of visitors already and are expecting a lot more this year.
Do you have any news on the others from the meet? And how they are doing?
might be a good idea to PM...dont want to bore everybody else and highjack this thread! Cheers Sarah & Lee
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try http://www.expedia.co.uk