Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where in Canberra?

Where in Canberra?

Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

DField is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where in Canberra?

Hi, please help. My husband has secured a job in Fyshwick, and with two boys, ages 8 & 10, could you please recommend the best suberb to live in Canberra. Thank you
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:16 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where in Canberra?

Any really, but if you are looking for the closest places you could search in and around the inner south and inner north.

Canberra is very accessible though so wherever you live it won't take long for him to get to work. People's commute here to work is probably on average between 20- 35 mins I'd say although I haven't done a survey recently

It depends what you're looking for really and how much you want to pay, take your pick.

Good luck with your search, allhomes.com.au is a good place to look for current rentals and properties for sale.

Any other info just ask there are a few of us..........

Carmel
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Canberra?

Well, one thing is for sure, you wont be living in Fyshwick!!! As Carmele said, allhomes.com.au is the place to go! Narrabundah is the closest suburb but you would have to think twice about going there. It is being gentrified but is still not seen as one of the "better" areas to be in! Queanbeyan, over the border is also close but then you are in country NSW with NSW education etc - houses are cheaper though and some people actually enjoy the small town environment.

Nowhere is very far from anywhere else here really. We do have some traffic congestion in rush hour but it isnt anything outstanding compared with other places. You could live in Gungahlin and he could go down Majura Rd to work or you could live in Tuggeranong and he could go up the Monaro Hwy to work - probably about 25km in either direction with reasonable access.

Personally I live in Ainslie and I love it but the houses tend to be small on big blocks and generally expensive unless they have been gentrified into big houses which are very expensive!