Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

where can I order baby goods online?

where can I order baby goods online?

Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where can I order baby goods online?

Just after a bit of help, we will be leaving for new south wales in the next couple of months and I want to order over the internet some things for my 16 month old to be waiting for us when we arrive. Main things are cot, highchair, car seat and some toys. Can anyone tell me what is the australian equivalent to mothercare, toys r us etc

Thanks.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice
Default Re: where can I order baby goods online?

Although I'm not in Oz yet I've also been trying to look online. I don't think they're as big on online buying out there. Have looked at Ikea and also found these websites by googling...

http://www.babyzonedirect.com.au/
http://www.babycarenursery.com.au/

They do have Toys R Us out there too, but don't seem to have an online shop for that.

Also http://www.bubhub.com.au/ seems to be a great site for all things baby in Oz. There's a directory where you can search for shops and stuff.

HTH

We're off to NSW in December too! Sydney for us, arriving 2 days before Christmas with a 5 month old.

Last edited by GracieK; Oct 13th 2008 at 8:44 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:08 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

you can also try www.babiesgalore.com.au who are not cheap, but seem to be one of the major stores in the Sydney area.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:29 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, We're off to Sydney in December with two small children too! Our eldest daughter is 2 1/2 and our youngest daughter is 8 months, so I have been looking round for things like car seats etc, so I can budget for the things we will need to buy.

I have been a member of bubhub for a while. There are product reviews and parenting forums on there, including one section to get to know mums local to where you are living which might be useful to get to know people.

Very excited about moving, but feeling very nervous/anxious too - I just don't see how we can get organised enough to pull it off! I'm sure it'll all come good in the end!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:37 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Toys-R-Us also sell some stuff, but you can get LOADS of baby stuff from Target/K-Mart which are in every large shopping centre.
It is the same brands etc as the more expensive stores, but usually a few $ cheaper.
It is always in stock, so you could just buy all your car seats/nappies/cots/highchairs/pushchairs/clothes/bottles etc in one big hit - nice and easy.
I would recommend this option over ordering online in advance where you have to worry about delivery times/address etc.
Good luck
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:40 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I was going to also say Kmart/Big W/Target are your best bet and for price also however they do not allow you to buy online. Another option is Ebay. I bought most of my stuff through there the first time round but I had to collect as delivery was very expensive.

I also bought the nursery furniture from Ikea as you can collect the same day and pricewise most places dont even compete.

Jo
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
Hi, We're off to Sydney in December with two small children too! Our eldest daughter is 2 1/2 and our youngest daughter is 8 months, so I have been looking round for things like car seats etc, so I can budget for the things we will need to buy.

I have been a member of bubhub for a while. There are product reviews and parenting forums on there, including one section to get to know mums local to where you are living which might be useful to get to know people.

Very excited about moving, but feeling very nervous/anxious too - I just don't see how we can get organised enough to pull it off! I'm sure it'll all come good in the end!
Just in case you have one. We sold our phil and teds on eBay in UK and bought a new one here. Cost us the difference of 10 pounds. At the time the resell in UK was very good. Might interest someone
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

fellows3078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies that's a big help. Going to have a look at the forum now as I am trying to find out what baby groups etc there may be locally for us. I work full time in the UK and my daughter attends full time nursery so it is going to be a big change for both of us. Do the Australians have such classes as Jojingles and tumbletots?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:12 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

There is happy coconuts here in brisbane and there is gymbaroo and a few others. We have a publication called Brisbanes child and there was Melbournes child in VIC and they all advertise in here.

My daughter was in full time childcare in the UK now goes 2 days a week here and I have no worries finding things to do with her. There are loads of parks and stuff to go to here in QLD and I am sure it is the same elsewhere.

Jo