Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where can I get QLD TV G-Code online?

Where can I get QLD TV G-Code online?

Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Where can I get QLD TV G-Code online?

Hi guys

Any idea?? I know I can get them in a magazine but wondered whether u can get them online.

Thanx

The Spinkways
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where can I get QLD TV G-Code online?

Hi Guys

I am still looking for these G-codes online...any ideas!

Ta

J
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:41 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where can I get QLD TV G-Code online?

You think TV networks are going to HELP you to watch their programs?

gee you've got a lot to learn!!!

No seriously - what do you want a "G-Code" for?

All a G-Code is a numeric representation fo the scheduled time for the given program. If you set a VCR with GCodes I can guarantee you that you will miss at least 5 minutes of every show you want to watch.

To adjust to Australian TV network rules you need to:

1) Get a PVR that reads schedules from the web
TV Networks have a habit of moving a shows regular slot from 8:30, to 9:30, to 10:30... cancelling shows, bringing them back 3 months later... etc etc - The most rigourous reading of published schedules woudl be required to attempt to keep up. The only solution is to have a machine read the schedules and record things for you

2) Make sure all recording profiles have at least 10 minutes of 'padding' to cope with the inevitable variance from published times. Even this is not infallable since any localy made 'reality' crap with "Dance" or "Australias best".. etc etc may overrun by as much as 45 minutes...

3) Once you realise that even with the above measures in place your viewing is still disjointed, unstructured and painfully difficult to arrange - go to BitTorrent and bypass the Tv networks altogether. Its the only way!!!

Last edited by DadAgain; Apr 11th 2008 at 1:48 am.