Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where can I get an idea of Perth land prices ?

Where can I get an idea of Perth land prices ?

Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can I get an idea of Perth land prices ?

Can't seem to find anything on the 'net.

We had a three-week recce to Perth in March/April, loved the Northern suburbs and are in the process of applying to emigrate.

We particularly like the areas from Kinross/Currambine in the South ( the South of the North that is ) to Clarkson/Quinns Rocks/Butler in the North.

AND .. we saw a showhome by ContentLiving that we want SO much.

Any advice on where to look for land prices/sales would be much appreciated.

John.

BTW. Is this the BEST messageboard in the world or what ?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:19 pm
Nearly living the dream!!

anthonyandkatewagstaff will become famous soon enoughanthonyandkatewagstaff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where can I get an idea of Perth land prices ?

Hi John

We've just bought a plot on Brighton Beachside .

Try this link for land prices:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...ge=&p=10&o=def

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Originally Posted by elmtree
Can't seem to find anything on the 'net.

We had a three-week recce to Perth in March/April, loved the Northern suburbs and are in the process of applying to emigrate.

We particularly like the areas from Kinross/Currambine in the South ( the South of the North that is ) to Clarkson/Quinns Rocks/Butler in the North.

AND .. we saw a showhome by ContentLiving that we want SO much.

Any advice on where to look for land prices/sales would be much appreciated.

John.

BTW. Is this the BEST messageboard in the world or what ?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

also ...www.reiwa.com.au
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Holy Crap !!!

Thanks for that, chaps.

Extortionate or what ???

12 months ago when we first looked at emigrating to Perth the houses were about 20 guineas. In fact, in March/April this year we viewed a showhome and that - AND the plot in the Clarkson area - worked out at about £140K sterling. What trhe hell has happened ??

.... anyone know where I can buy a large tent in Perth ???????
Old Jul 21st 2006, 11:46 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

The latest release up at butler/ridgewood plots start from "a low" $196k !!!
Thats $40k dearer than a release 3 months ago .Private sellers from the release 3 months ago trying to sell for $250k :scared:
That and you now go into a ballot to get chance to buy the land . So also hard to get it never mind the price .
Spoke to a coulpe who got a plot at somerly after 7 months of trying .
If your lucky you can walk into the sales office just as someone has cancelled their plot. Spoke to a few you go one that way .
Good luck .
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Unhappy Re: Where can I get an idea of Perth land prices ?

Thanks for that ( I think ... )

That is quite scary. In March/April this year the housebuilder told us that a plot in a new Clarkson development was about $150k-$160k.

I blame all the bloody migrants ! ...... going over there with pots of cash and pushing the prices up ......... oh ......