British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   where can i get 8 cents from? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/where-can-i-get-8-cents-384696/)

jwood Jul 13th 2006 10:28 am

where can i get 8 cents from?

Hi, I was planning to send all the doc's for hubby's TRA to agent today, but i have had a few problems with the bankers draft. Firstly the form i was given was so badly printed i couldn't read it and asked for the charges to be taken of the draft instead of out of my account, i received a draft for $256.21. So i complained at the bank (fell on deaf ears) then i asked for another draft to make up the difference $43.71. I never noticed until this morning when i was double checking the documents and putting them in the envelope that i am 8 cents short of the $300. Should have asked for $43.79 not $43.71. Does any one know where i can get 8 cents from at short notice.
I was on my lunch break when i went to the bank and had to wait ages to be served so i was rushing, thing that pi**es me of the most is that i had the correct amount written down on a piece of paper but didn't bother to look at it. Should i send it any way and hope TRA/agents don't notice.
Any help would be appreciated
Jackie

Wife Beater Jul 13th 2006 10:34 am

Re: where can i get 8 cents from?

Originally Posted by jwood
Hi, I was planning to send all the doc's for hubby's TRA to agent today, but i have had a few problems with the bankers draft. Firstly the form i was given was so badly printed i couldn't read it and asked for the charges to be taken of the draft instead of out of my account, i received a draft for $256.21. So i complained at the bank (fell on deaf ears) then i asked for another draft to make up the difference $43.71. I never noticed until this morning when i was double checking the documents and putting them in the envelope that i am 8 cents short of the $300. Should have asked for $43.79 not $43.71. Does any one know where i can get 8 cents from at short notice.
I was on my lunch break when i went to the bank and had to wait ages to be served so i was rushing, thing that pi**es me of the most is that i had the correct amount written down on a piece of paper but didn't bother to look at it. Should i send it any way and hope TRA/agents don't notice.
Any help would be appreciated
Jackie

You cant get eight cents as there are no coins lower than a 5c piece. 8c would be rounded up to 10c. :) :beer:

jwood Jul 13th 2006 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
You cant get eight cents as there are no coins lower than a 5c piece. 8c would be rounded up to 10c. :) :beer:

So could i send a money order from the post office, do TRA except them

jwood Jul 13th 2006 12:25 pm

So could i send a money order from the post office, do TRA except them

Well that was an expensive mistake, :o the post office only give real money and the lowest denomination they have is $5.00 and TRA won't except money or a check or a money order. So i have had to go to the bank and get another bankers draft for $1.00 which has cost me £8.00. :eek:

I now have to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to send the doc's to the agency.

I feel like this TRA business has been going on for ever, i will be glad when it's all sent. We will just have to wait for their ddecisionthen.

Wife Beater Jul 14th 2006 10:22 am

Well that was an expensive mistake, :o the post office only give real money and the lowest denomination they have is $5.00 and TRA won't except money or a check or a money order. So i have had to go to the bank and get another bankers draft for $1.00 which has cost me £8.00. :eek:

I now have to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to send the doc's to the agency.

I feel like this TRA business has been going on for ever, i will be glad when it's all sent. We will just have to wait for their ddecisionthen.

I remember the feeling well. Dont worry it will all come out in the wash eh :beer:

Jodie n' Mark Jul 15th 2006 3:05 pm

Has no body got a 10cent coin you couldsellotape to a letter?

I am sure they won't want you to pay £8 for a $1 - scramble down the back of your sofas everyone! :D

(Sorry we haven't even visited yet can send you american cents if they are the same?

Good luck with it :)