Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to buy TomTom 910 with Aus maps ?

Where to buy TomTom 910 with Aus maps ?

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Where to buy TomTom 910 with Aus maps ?

Flying in November to Sydney via Kuala Lumpar. We need to get a SatNav with Aus maps, and although we dont like TomTom from what we have seen, it seems to be the most widely used out there.

In the UK, you can get them for £389.00, plus EUR199 for the Aus map download. How much are they over there, and are they widely available in shops ? We would want to pick one up on the first day. Can you get them in KL airport ? We dont really want to buy here, as the UK maps etc are a waste of money, as we will never use it here.

Cheers
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to buy TomTom 910 with Aus maps ?

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
Flying in November to Sydney via Kuala Lumpar. We need to get a SatNav with Aus maps, and although we dont like TomTom from what we have seen, it seems to be the most widely used out there.

In the UK, you can get them for £389.00, plus EUR199 for the Aus map download. How much are they over there, and are they widely available in shops ? We would want to pick one up on the first day. Can you get them in KL airport ? We dont really want to buy here, as the UK maps etc are a waste of money, as we will never use it here.

Cheers
hi you can get sat nav in dick smiths, tandy or jb hifi lot of electrical retailers sell them.thay start at about $600.i would not get one in KL long way to take it back if things are not right with it.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice

Cheers
Hi we are flying via KL on the 20 Nov. Are you on the same flight ??
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
Hi we are flying via KL on the 20 Nov. Are you on the same flight ??
Unfortunately not, going a few days later. Shame, would have been good to meet up for a drink.

Have a great flight, we will only be a few days behind you !
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice

Unfortunately not, going a few days later. Shame, would have been good to meet up for a drink.

Have a great flight, we will only be a few days behind you !
Enjoy, we are having a couple of says break in KL then fly to Brisbane - I am looking for a Aus TomTom map at the moment as we want to take ours with us but cant find who sells the map only - did you have any luck
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by clivefawcett
Enjoy, we are having a couple of says break in KL then fly to Brisbane - I am looking for a Aus TomTom map at the moment as we want to take ours with us but cant find who sells the map only - did you have any luck
I did find a map yes. Do you know anything about TomToms, or does anyone ? There are different versions of the unit, 510, 710, 910. Then there seems to be software versions, version 5 etc. Does version 5 software go with the 510, and so on ? Who knows what version the 910 uses ?

I have a map that says it is version 5, but also found a version 6 one I have not downloaded yet. If you PM me, I can tell you how I found it.

Cheers