Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is the best place to live

Where is the best place to live

Old Oct 25th 2004, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

daren.thompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where is the best place to live

My girlfriend are in the process of applying to live and work in Australia, and the big question is which is the best place to live?

My girlfriend is a qualified nurse and I work in IT as an Information Systems Manager (I am 35 and my girlfriend is 27 and we have got no kids). We want to live close to the coast and somewhere where there is a bit of life and affordable property (ie: Not Sydney). Two areas we are considering are Perth (and sorrounding area or somewhere around Brisbane. Rockhampton seems to have nice properties at great prices.

We are planning a three week holiday early next year to take a more indepth look around.

Your advice would be greatley appreciated to help us draw up a short list.

All the best

Daren
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the best place to live

Originally Posted by daren.thompson
My girlfriend are in the process of applying to live and work in Australia, and the big question is which is the best place to live?

My girlfriend is a qualified nurse and I work in IT as an Information Systems Manager (I am 35 and my girlfriend is 27 and we have got no kids). We want to live close to the coast and somewhere where there is a bit of life and affordable property (ie: Not Sydney). Two areas we are considering are Perth (and sorrounding area or somewhere around Brisbane. Rockhampton seems to have nice properties at great prices.

We are planning a three week holiday early next year to take a more indepth look around.

Your advice would be greatley appreciated to help us draw up a short list.

All the best

Daren
Rockhampton is about 800km north of Brisbane (on the Tropic of Capricorn). It's not really 'around Brisbane'. Seems a reasonable town tho, quite large, good access to the coast, and islands such as Great Keppel. Not really sure about job prospects or industry tho (I've been there twice but I don't know much about it.) I'm sure there are people here on the forum who are based in Yeppoon, which is pretty close by...just can't remeber who it is..they must visit Rockhampton as it is the major town in the area. Maybe someone else can remember who the family in Yeppoon are.

Good luck