Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is Best??? Bunbury and surrounding areas???

Where is Best??? Bunbury and surrounding areas???

Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Talking Where is Best??? Bunbury and surrounding areas???

Thanks to all BE members who have helped me on my decision making on where to live in Oz !!!!

Just wondering if anyone can now recommend (as we finally decided on somewhere!!) the best/worst areas of Bunbury and the surrounding areas, it looks lovely but that doesn't count for much does it??

So much to do !! anyone else heading that way?? would love to hear how you are dealing with all the organising or not!!

THANKS

Zoe ( WA in Sept 2007 , hopefully!)
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Best??? Bunbury and surrounding areas???

It is lovely

We live in Australind, about 15k north of Bunbury, and love it here. Australind is set on the estuary, plenty of roos around, small shopping centre and coffee place (a must for meet ups!) and close enough to Bunbury but not right in it.

Places to avoid: Carey Park and Withers spring to mind.

There are quite a few of us living in Bunbury and we often have meet ups, either girlie lunches or BBQs in the park during summer, you can find us on www.expatsinwa.com

HTH
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bridie
It is lovely

We live in Australind, about 15k north of Bunbury, and love it here. Australind is set on the estuary, plenty of roos around, small shopping centre and coffee place (a must for meet ups!) and close enough to Bunbury but not right in it.

Places to avoid: Carey Park and Withers spring to mind.

There are quite a few of us living in Bunbury and we often have meet ups, either girlie lunches or BBQs in the park during summer, you can find us on www.expatsinwa.com

HTH
Hi,
Thanks for the info :-), OH loves the look of Australind and we got the impression of Carey Park being a bit rough round the edges, is there alot of development going on in Australind?? he can travel to work but if it was local all the better, I have registered on your site but im having trouble logging in so no worries i'll catch up with you on here if thats ok!!
Bye for now
Zoe
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jerzo
Thanks to all BE members who have helped me on my decision making on where to live in Oz !!!!

Just wondering if anyone can now recommend (as we finally decided on somewhere!!) the best/worst areas of Bunbury and the surrounding areas, it looks lovely but that doesn't count for much does it??

So much to do !! anyone else heading that way?? would love to hear how you are dealing with all the organising or not!!

THANKS

Zoe ( WA in Sept 2007 , hopefully!)
Hello
We have been in Bunbury for around 18 months, and we love it.
We are just about to complete on our house, while we were looking at different areas, we were told to avoid "scarey park" and withers.
Lots of nice areas in Bunbury it depends on what you need and what you can afford. Where in Wales are you from?
Good luck with everything
Sue
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bevs
Hello
We have been in Bunbury for around 18 months, and we love it.
We are just about to complete on our house, while we were looking at different areas, we were told to avoid "scarey park" and withers.
Lots of nice areas in Bunbury it depends on what you need and what you can afford. Where in Wales are you from?
Good luck with everything
Sue
Hi Sue
Thanks, we will def avoid Carey pk and Withers . We are from Blackwood near Newport, Fingers crossed we will be there in a few months. I hope the work situation is a s good as everyone says :-)

Zoe x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue
Thanks, we will def avoid Carey pk and Withers . We are from Blackwood near Newport, Fingers crossed we will be there in a few months. I hope the work situation is a s good as everyone says :-)

Zoe x
Hi there, We live in the beautiful Dalyellup, In a forrest by the sea, the school is brill, we have the Deli, chemist, doctors, video shop, hairdressers, community centre.
They are building the new high school here.
How old are your kids, if you have kids, mine are 9.12.13,20,24,26
We are 5 mns south of the town, on the way to Busselton.
Denise
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi there, We live in the beautiful Dalyellup, In a forrest by the sea, the school is brill, we have the Deli, chemist, doctors, video shop, hairdressers, community centre.
They are building the new high school here.
How old are your kids, if you have kids, mine are 9.12.13,20,24,26
We are 5 mns south of the town, on the way to Busselton.
Denise
Hi Denise
That sounds idyllic, good someone with more kids than me!!! I have 4 boys aged 15,9,7 &1 (busy as you know)We have'nt got long to organise everything but it all hangs on the house sale (all good so far) i'm itching to get there now and the flight to be a distant memory!! (18 month old ???) He might surprise us all!!

Bye for now

Zo x (cue more property searching add Dalyellup to my list!!)
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Dalyellup is great for the kids, parks at the end of every street, and they are kept so clean. 2 mins to beach, where we often see dolphins, We have day care centre and playgroup at community centre.
Its really family orientated, things going on in the park all the time, except we are in winter now.
I have 5 boys, ages 9, nearly 13, nearly 14, 24, 26, my daughter is 21 in a couple of weeks.
My friend is from Wales, she just lives down the street from me, I think she is from near where you are.
Go on to www.dalyellupbeach.com.au
Denise
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sue

Zoe x
We lived in Pontypool so not far from you.
Not sure about the work situation, what do you and hubby do?
I'm sure you will love where ever you decide to settle,
like i said we arrived 18 mths ago and have no intention of going back.
Sue
Old Jun 8th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks for the info :-), OH loves the look of Australind and we got the impression of Carey Park being a bit rough round the edges, is there alot of development going on in Australind?? he can travel to work but if it was local all the better, I have registered on your site but im having trouble logging in so no worries i'll catch up with you on here if thats ok!!
Bye for now
Zoe
There is established housing and new estates, new ones are Treendale, Kingston and Galway Green. Takes about 10/15 mins to Bunbury from Australind.

The new estates here are newer than Dallyellup, we are on Treendale and they plan shops and schools, which is the whole reason we bought here - I love the idea of being able to walk my kids to school rather than have to take the car and the primary school site is only a 10 min walk from our house, shops about another 5 mins.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

thats right, I cant wait for the new shopping centre to go up here, although we are only 5-10 mins from shops, it will be really handy when your on way home from work.
No signs yet then
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi

We live in Eaton about 10 mins drive north of Bunbury, shops open 7 days a week, schools, daycare centres, medical centre, dentist, vetinery surgeon, local tavern, plenty of parks, collie river on the doorstop beautiful spot for a walk and picnic, and recreation centre. A mix of old and new housing, newest being Millbridge Estate. Everything you need but not far from Bunbury town centre either.
I agree with everyone else about carey park and withers, you really need to look around for yourselves when you arrive and decide which area feels right for you.

Good luck with the house sale.

Jan
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by springflower
Hi

We live in Eaton about 10 mins drive north of Bunbury, shops open 7 days a week, schools, daycare centres, medical centre, dentist, vetinery surgeon, local tavern, plenty of parks, collie river on the doorstop beautiful spot for a walk and picnic, and recreation centre. A mix of old and new housing, newest being Millbridge Estate. Everything you need but not far from Bunbury town centre either.
I agree with everyone else about carey park and withers, you really need to look around for yourselves when you arrive and decide which area feels right for you.

Good luck with the house sale.

Jan
Thank you all so much for replying x

We intend on having a good look around,and the new shopping centre sound good!! ( all i hear is how bad the shops are!!) I for one won,'t miss all the packed out Tescos,Asdas etc.... my husband is a brickie ( the Bevs) i hope the work is there or we'll have to go nearer Perth
Bye for Now
Zo x
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

There is lots of work here for him, shortage in the building trade, my hubby is gas/plumber, we where sponsored here.
I dont miss any shops or any food, where we lived there where less shops there than here, we have lots of choice, some may disagree.
No we dont have the queing up in the supermarkets, well not like the UK.
Denise
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Sounds like a great place to be! Is there plenty of work in Bunbury?
My hubby wants to complete his mechanics course and either work as a mechanic or drive trucks.
I will be looking for hairdressing work.

Leah x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.