Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when you move over how long before...

when you move over how long before...

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default when you move over how long before...

hi,
we were wondering is there time limit when you move over how much time, have you got before you register your children at school.
we are moving to Adelaide, July/ August or would they let you settle down somewhere even if takes about 3 months before you move to the right accommodation.

farideh
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when you move over how long before...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
hi,
we were wondering is there time limit when you move over how much time, have you got before you register your children at school.
we are moving to Adelaide, July/ August or would they let you settle down somewhere even if takes about 3 months before you move to the right accommodation.

farideh

I'd say you'd have to enrol them sooner rather than later as it is against the law for your children not to attend school. However I may be wrong, why don't you e-mail a few schools and ask them of the procedure.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,

as we are total clueless about which part of Adelaide we want to live, is better to live in the north of Adelaide, or better to move to the south of Adelaide, or move to where the hubby get the job so confusing.

farideh
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,

as we are total clueless about which part of Adelaide we want to live, is better to live in the north of Adelaide, or better to move to the south of Adelaide, or move to where the hubby get the job so confusing.

farideh

I'm unsure of where abouts in Adelaide to go myself. I have been looking at Glenelg and Brighton but also been looking at North Adelaide too. I'm just going to wait until I get there I guess.

I will probably leave the kids out of school for 3 - 4 weeks, until I get an idea of what's what.

I've been holding off researching things due to losing our buyer, I have no motivation at the minute and looking for houses, schools etc is just getting me down more.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know how you feel, we are going to just to put our house on the market and we are hoping we get buyer quickly, and then we move, but if we dont sell we will just go and validate our visa , sell the house and then move back again. I know the children would have another 4 weeks added to their summer holiday if all goes well.
I do like north Adelaide a lot.
but as this has to be one decision that everybody has to be happy with.
i can only live in hope.

farideh
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:08 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

farideh
I did a post on this a few months ago, and the answers I got back were that most schools prefer you to not start the kids as soon as you get there, but to get the home life settled first, then the kids are more settle and therefore they settle quicker and better at school!!

I seem to recall someone said they have to start school within 3 months of landing!! But I cant find the info now!! Will come back to you on that one!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks toon, we haven't been member here, at the time when you posted your thread, we only found this place when we were surfing on the net looking for something else.
I guess 3 months is about right until we settle and the children settle into their new life too.

farideh