Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When will dimia say yes?

When will dimia say yes?

Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

lin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the rough
Default When will dimia say yes?

Hi, I am new to the forum although have been reading threads for a while. We are a family of 4 (me 30, hubby 33, son 2 and daughter 6 months. Sent in application in July 2005, everything with dimia now (meds & police checks done).............just want a yes so that I can put the house on the market!

I know, I need to be patient - thank goodness the children keep me busy or I would go insane with this waiting! In the meantime, would be grateful if any of you kind souls could recommend areas/nice suburbs in Cairns. Well aware of the climate but our friends live in Brinsmead and he may have work contacts for hubby (Electrician). The only problem is they do not have children and so priorities for them may differ from us (kindergarten, schools, hospitals etc). Any help would be much appreciated.......

Linda
x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will dimia say yes?

Originally Posted by lin&mick
Hi, I am new to the forum although have been reading threads for a while. We are a family of 4 (me 30, hubby 33, son 2 and daughter 6 months. Sent in application in July 2005, everything with dimia now (meds & police checks done).............just want a yes so that I can put the house on the market!

I know, I need to be patient - thank goodness the children keep me busy or I would go insane with this waiting! In the meantime, would be grateful if any of you kind souls could recommend areas/nice suburbs in Cairns. Well aware of the climate but our friends live in Brinsmead and he may have work contacts for hubby (Electrician). The only problem is they do not have children and so priorities for them may differ from us (kindergarten, schools, hospitals etc). Any help would be much appreciated.......

Linda
x

Hi Linda. We are also just waiting. We were ack in July and our meds have been in since Dec and i posted the PCCs last week. The wait is killing me it is definately the worst bit of the whole process. I think it is because i know it is all done now. My partner is also an electrician but we are heading to Sydney. Hope the wait is not too long now for us all. Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

lin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hi Linda. We are also just waiting. We were ack in July and our meds have been in since Dec and i posted the PCCs last week. The wait is killing me it is definately the worst bit of the whole process. I think it is because i know it is all done now. My partner is also an electrician but we are heading to Sydney. Hope the wait is not too long now for us all. Good luck.
Hi angel, thanks for the reply. Our meds, pcc's and further employment info (as hubby is self-employed) have been with DIMIA since 6th December. Good luck to you also..........I have just decided not to return to work following my maternity leave (medical secretary) and it is soooooo nice to read some adult conversation while they are in bed!!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lin&mick
Hi angel, thanks for the reply. Our meds, pcc's and further employment info (as hubby is self-employed) have been with DIMIA since 6th December. Good luck to you also..........I have just decided not to return to work following my maternity leave (medical secretary) and it is soooooo nice to read some adult conversation while they are in bed!!

Ha ha. I was a medical secretary for 5 years lol. Cant believe me and you and both our men have the same jobs lol. Im sure you will get it through soon. Im just being very inpatient.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:47 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait something between 2 weeks and 2 months afer meds!
So, you're almost there!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by skywalker
You have to wait something between 2 weeks and 2 months afer meds!
So, you're almost there!

At least 'no news is good news'. Was beginning to get paranoid that it was going to be a big fat 'NO'........could still be I suppose!

Angel, how spooky. Don't tell me you were a legal secretary before being a med sec? That really would be uncanny!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Hi Linda
We too are waiting for the visa having had meds and police checks sent end of nov. start of dec. Busy getting the house ready to sell as soon as the visa is granted. It's as good as watching paint dry..............but at least that has an expected end!
Karen
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours came three weeks after meds and pcc's arrived in Adelaide if that helps anyone.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best....not long now

I advise you to put your house on the market A.S.A.P knowing what the UK house market and selling process is like We put ours on Oct 04, sale fell though Dec.....sold again Feb 05 moved out May. Having said that my sister's house sale is going really well so you can never tell

Good luck with the final stage

Sue x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Thanks Sue
It's a bit quicker in Scotland, we hope to sell in about 8-10 weeks.
Just waiting on the fabulous Ms Kerrish from immi saying yes! Do you think their is any point to flattering on here, she might just read this, it seems everyone else does!