Reload this Page >

When the visa came...

When the visa came...

Old Jul 7th 2002, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

chana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When the visa came...

A little off topic:

But I really would like to hear from all those lucky people who have got their PRs.... how did you celebrate?

And how did you break the news to friends and family?

Feeling a little blue here waiting for that sticker thing to happen.... :-)
Old Jul 7th 2002, 6:50 pm
les
Forum Regular

les is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When the visa came...

how did we celebrate?
we had been waiting so long that it took a little while to sink in but after the whooo hooooos and the jumping around the li9ving room it was down the pub to drink our own body weight in australian lager (me) cider (she who must be obeyed) then we sobered up a day later panicked and had a mad search for the passports just to check we wernt dreaming and the visas were there
most people knew we had applied except the mother in law who was told a week later and is refusing to speak to either of us DOUBLE BONUS i should have applied years ago just to shut her up
anyway we fly out on the 16 october and it cant come quick enough
good luck
Old Jul 7th 2002, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

britbird is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran round the street in the village that I work in and jumped up and down then we went out for a pizza and then home.
All abit of an anti climax, as we had waited so long(18 months) that we couldn't quite believe it was here.
We fly out to Brissy at the end of August and have just visited relie's back up north for the last time this weekend. Alot more emotional than I expected, so be warned.
Britbird.
Old Jul 7th 2002, 10:09 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Les
I laughed my butt off at the mother in law bit!!! But it is strange my mother blames the wife for the instigation and her sister(no in laws) blames me!!!
Wierd really when we are around they can't bother their arse to come and see us but as soon as we are leaving they feel like we're abandoning them!!!!

Anyway back to the original question. picked up visa from AHC on the friday morning sobered up on the Tuesday!!!!!!!!

Col
Old Jul 7th 2002, 10:20 pm
Winnie

"chana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > A little off topic:
    >
    > But I really would like to hear from all those lucky people who have got their
    > PRs.... how did you celebrate?

Bottle of finest champers and a wild party for two!

Winnie

Old Jul 8th 2002, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

hongwee is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the approval letter last week..and the euphoria has died down when i started planning (or worrying) on the next steps to take.

we were going for out for a simple dinner after work (most people here eat out on weekdays) when I decide to check the letterbox as i was walking past it. The first thoughts that came into my mind when I saw that envelope with the AHC logo was that they probably want me to fill-up more forms and return to them.

I just couldn't believe it when the letter said that my application has been approved! My wife and I were jumping and grinning like silly teenagers...and we decide to go to a French restaurant instead.

So what was suppose to be a simple daily dinner which would have cost less than US$5 (for two) became a much more expensive trip.
Old Jul 8th 2002, 12:20 pm
Wagga

It took a while for the thing to sink in. How we celebrate, we started our search on
the internet on Australian homes, though we must admit that we can't afford most of
the more prestige one.

Breaking the news to the family was a delicate matter. It my mom a month or so before
convincing her that I am not going to "abandon" her. Dad and sis was alright.

In-law side was easier for me coz my wife put all the "blame" on me. I do not talk
much often to them though we do meet regularly. So no problem there.

Now reality. After a year, abit of apprehension. Our property was our investment but
currently price is abit on the low side. So stuck there.

chana wrote:

> A little off topic:
    >
    > But I really would like to hear from all those lucky people who have got their
    > PRs.... how did you celebrate?
    >
    > And how did you break the news to friends and family?
    >
    > Feeling a little blue here waiting for that sticker thing to happen....
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com