Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a $1.2mill house...

When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a $1.2mill house...

Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a $1.2mill house...

...in Perth of course, it's time to start questioning why you are here...!

Link below:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1201345178
Attached Thumbnails When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a alt=.2mill house...-104534427mm1198131660.jpg  
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all
Default Re: When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a $1.2mill house...

Hey, I'd pay $1.2m for a stunning view of a leccy pole too!

Remember Sydney's version of Doubleview is affectionately known as Doublepay - maybe Perth is trying to follow suit?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When this photo is seen as the best selling point of a $1.2mill house...

Can just imagine the estate agent blurb:

"stunning, panaromic coastal views that will never be built out, inspect today, don't delay, you don't get such fantastic coastal views at this price in todays market"

(can you tell i've been looking at realestate.com too much)
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what frustrates me more - that I didn't buy in 2005, that agents can tout this bullsh!t or that buyers lap it up...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I don't know what frustrates me more - that I didn't buy in 2005, that agents can tout this bullsh!t or that buyers lap it up...
It's all about buying the dream at any cost...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marcpiano
It's all about buying the dream at any cost...
I'm not sure that even a dream I once had as a 14 year old about a very nice 20 year old friend of my sister was ever worth 1.2 milion...
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that even a dream I once had as a 14 year old about a very nice 20 year old friend of my sister was ever worth 1.2 milion...
When your 54 and still fantasising about 20 yr olds, 1.2 million will seem peanuts
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

OMG, just looked at the link...

I'm shocked. That's an obscene price for a place with what looks like an incredibly outdated kitchen and tiny plot of land.

That's why we're not going to Perth.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 3:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

...in Perth of course, it's time to start questioning why you are here...!
Not in Perth but isn't " Includes, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, undercroft granny flat / teenagers retreat" one of the best selling points of the house?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

I didnt know powerlines and Telephone wires were so sought after.
I hope the estate agent who comes to value my house in Scotland bears this in mind.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Its got a great view over Ikea though - I'd buy it!

I can't believe the price they are asking for that, it only has 786 sqm or something and they are selling it as a puller downer - that is unbelievable!! Glad we moved to Adelaide now.

Nikki
x
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:40 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
OMG, just looked at the link...I'm shocked. That's an obscene price for a place with what looks like an incredibly outdated kitchen and tiny plot of land.

That's why we're not going to Perth.
All major cities are the same ! Not just Perth.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know...Adelaide for one looks very reasonable compared to Perth, and Brisbane. I'm not saying that you don't get expensive areas but surely they are better value than the link that was provided?

Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm continually disappointed by what vendors expect over here.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's distressing isn't it

Million dollar homes here now are pointless. Greed has over-come Perth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.