Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When is Mothers Day in UK

When is Mothers Day in UK

Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default When is Mothers Day in UK

Hi -

Being on this isolated planet over here I have no idea when Mothers Day is in UK and we don't want mumsie getting the huff so can someone please enlighten me.

Ta
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is Mothers Day in UK

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Hi -

Being on this isolated planet over here I have no idea when Mothers Day is in UK and we don't want mumsie getting the huff so can someone please enlighten me.

Ta
Tis the 21 March
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Thanks ever so, best get shopping for some tacky gift that she will love!

Di
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When is Mothers Day in UK

Hi -

Ta
Phew, glad YOU remembered!

I bought a card here when it was Oz Mothers Day, and have hidden it away for the last 10 months, it would have been awful to have left it there for another year.
Old Mar 7th 2004, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tell you what Nara - I'm SURE I did that too but Lord knows where it is. Think I'll have to resort to a hand made jobbie!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:02 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

I was reminded of the uk date for mothers day in a card shop the other day. Got me thinking though, when is Oz mothers day and can I have both please?
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:04 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
I was reminded of the uk date for mothers day in a card shop the other day. Got me thinking though, when is Oz mothers day and can I have both please?
OZ is on 9 May
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks ever so, best get shopping for some tacky gift that she will love!

Di
This is what we are giving this year:-

http://www.newquay-bonsai.co.uk/index.htm
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:10 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Bix. Love the bonsai, really unusual gift.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to you Bix, mum is not getting her usual tat this year - she will be the proud owner of a bonny wee bonsai named Bruce.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 5:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Thanks to you Bix, mum is not getting her usual tat this year - she will be the proud owner of a bonny wee bonsai named Bruce.
Glad to be of service

Actually I've used this Newquay company a few times before and so far no trouble at all
Old Mar 8th 2004, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Use the net

I have had great success finding florists local to OZ or NZ family / friends on the net and phoning direct and then using a credit card to pay. This must work from OZ / NZ to back here too

You get a much better choice than the 'Interflora' and its clones and you only have to pay for local delivery not the 1/3 admin charge

In each case the florist has been delighted I took the trouble to contact direct 'all the way from England' and each time the flowers or plants have been great. As a bonus, when on holiday I went to thank the florist at my daughter's mall and got a complementary bunch of roses