Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When to market??

When to market??

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:50 pm
earlswood

Default When to market??

Right everyone,

There are so many problems for those of you selling at the moment I would like to know wether the majority wishes they had put the board up sooner??

e.g: If I want to arrive in OZ August 2004 should I-

a) Sell now and rent?

b) Wait till the Spring rush?

c) Should have started months ago to allow for the millions of problems and nasty inconsiderate buyers?

Earlswood:scared:

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to market??

Originally posted by earlswood
Right everyone,

There are so many problems for those of you selling at the moment I would like to know wether the majority wishes they had put the board up sooner??

a) Sell now and rent?

c) Should have started months ago to allow for the millions of problems and nasty inconsiderate buyers?

dont have a house to sell, but picking up on what others have said in recent months, I'd go for c !!!

sue:scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:05 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to market??

Originally posted by earlswood
Right everyone,

a) Sell now and rent?

You could always advertise to sell now and piss the buyers around for ages that would make nice change
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I would definitely advise you to sell now and rent.
We accepted our first offer way back on Easter Monday, they dropped out citing a change of circumstance which cost me £400 for our solicitor!
We are now into week 13 with our second buyers and still no sign of wanting to sign contracts.
House selling in this country needs a radical shake up !

It's the old maxim of a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush....stick the money in the bank and rest easy knowing you can go as soon as your visa arrives.

I now face going into work everyday just to pay the mortgage on a house I no longer want, also my resignation became effective on the first Friday of this month, but thankfully I work for an understanding company who realise I need to pay the bills until sold and am being employed on a week by week basis for now

SELL, SELL SELL
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:14 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We put our house on the market middle of Feb 03 having been told by the agents it would sell quickly. It was at a time when the market for 4 beds was stagnant and it didn't happen anywhere near as quickly as we would have liked. Eventually we had 2 offers in the space of 3 days - we went with the higher offer as they were keen to move asap. Our sale happened quite quickly (roughly 8 weeks which is pretty good for the UK but then I was dealing with my own sale paperwork at work so could keep an eye on what was happening and chase people!). So far as emotions are concerned you wait so long for the actual visa to come through that once it arrives you just want to up and leave - hanging around for the house to sell seems to take forever - just as hard if not harder than waiting for the visa.

But to move into rented property and then pack up again to fill the container will be a lot of work. Its takes forever to sort the house out to prepare for the removal men to pack everything so doing it twice makes more work. Our furniture went 2 weeks before we left the UK so we were camping in our house (don't recommend doing it longer than 2 weeks). I guess it depends what the property market is doing (I know we can never tell), how saleable your house is (i.e. location, condition etc...) and how much of your belongings you are bringing with you.

You could put the house on the market once you get the request for medicals - just a suggestion.

Good luck, Dawn