Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when to have babies

Wikiposts

when to have babies

Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when to have babies

Originally posted by Swaffy
Hi

Me and hubby (sjn 2003) are thinking about having number 2. At present still in London, but hopefully will be in Sydney towards the end of the year.
I'm thinking September 2005 is a good time to have one, so when i'm fat it will be cooler. But what about the baby(when older) does he/she want a birthday in July/August/September??

What do you guys rec?

September/October is the best time have them. It's also the commonest (all those Xmas get togethers).

You're pregnant during the winter so no waddling around in the heat. Once they're born, the weather's warming up so no freezing night-time feeds. Best of both worlds.

It's also a good time to have a birthday school-wise. Birthdays earlier (around May/June/July) can often cause problems with when to start them at school. Do they go as soon as they can and be the youngest in the class? Or do they wait a year and be the oldest? With a September/October birthday you get none of that worry - they're bang in the middle of the age group so can start school as soon as they're able to.

My sons are both September birthdays - so I speak from experience!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Swaffy and SJN2003
All the best with your baby planning, you might want to take into account that you get better maternity services when you have been there 12 months. I understand what you mean about being preggers when it's hot, my first was born in an August heat wave and the maternity ward was boiling! Make sure you get lots of fans, really light clothing and you should acclimatise Ok if you leave it long enough.
Ahhhhhh, I'm getting all broody again, better duck out of this thread!
Larissa
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Mines August, right in the middle of the holidays. Hence the thread on the subject. I'm a thoughtful mum

OZ summer holidays are in summer tho Our summer. Schools usually close down mid December till end January, bit of variation each State, but thats the big holiday period here.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi

Me and hubby (sjn 2003) are thinking about having number 2.

Bloody Hell!!....that's news to me:scared: :scared:

Its amazing what you can learn on this site !

Now where do I get those zinc and folic acid supplements??
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sjn2003
Bloody Hell!!....that's news to me:scared: :scared:

Its amazing what you can learn on this site !

Now where do I get those zinc and folic acid supplements??

cheeky monkey.
I think we should only communicate through this site in future