Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When is a good time to arrive in Sydney?

When is a good time to arrive in Sydney?

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile When is a good time to arrive in Sydney?

Hi there,
i am hoping to move to Sydney next year and hope to spend 3 months travelling down the coast b4 arriving in sydney. the plan is to arrive in sydney mid-to late july, is this a good time to arrive (in winter)?
cheers for any help/advice

Last edited by threlly; Aug 26th 2004 at 1:07 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:12 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is a good time to arrive in Sydney?

>>When is a good time to arrive in Sydney?<<

Around 1/10th second after the pilot seems a good idea <g>

(sorry, we're getting into the silly "where's all the furniture gone?" stage)
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi there,
i am hoping to move to Sydney next year and hope to spend 3 months travelling down the coast b4 arriving in sydney. the plan is to arrive in sydney mid-to late july, is this a good time to arrive (in winter)?
Mid July this year was very sunny and quite warm. Cool at night though. I don't know if this has been a normal year. We spent some time on the Central coast and the weather was very good. It was a bit quiet everywhere though. I think there are also school holidays in NSW sometime in mid July but this made little difference.

If is the same as this year then it would be fine. It did get colder when the sun did not shine.You would need a fleece or suchlike.
Maybe depends on your luck.

G
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:45 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by threlly
Hi there,
For work and house hunting now is a good time. Better to get in there before the Christmass slow down. Spring here, as in the UK, is a peak period when there are plenty of buyers and sellers in the housing market. Arriving December is crap because of jobs, the heat can be tiring and people do not want to move house at Xmas. Both the jobs and housing market don't come back on until March.

Weatherwise July can be crap but if it is dry it is very pleasant.