Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When is expensive time to fly to Australia?

When is expensive time to fly to Australia?

Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default When is expensive time to fly to Australia?

When is it more expensive time to fly to Australia?
I've heard mention that the school holidays is an expensive time.
When are those?

When is the cheapest time - that is what I really want to know?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:46 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is expensive time to fly to Australia?

Originally Posted by Luma
When are those?

December is expensive I think.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 1:47 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

When are those?

its very expensive in dec from about 10th on
as it coincides with aus summer hols

we went at xmas and it worked out 150 quid each cheaper to fly before the 10th
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:30 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
its very expensive in dec from about 10th on
as it coincides with aus summer hols

we went at xmas and it worked out 150 quid each cheaper to fly before the 10th
Yeap, agree, we went in dec 04 £4500, July 05 £3200, 2 adults 2 kids
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

When are those?

Hi Luma

I think flying around UK Christmas is expensive and UK summer is the cheapest.

Beth
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Luma

Beth

go before or after easter - cheaper then too
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:37 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Luma

Beth
The UK school holiday period is also expensive especially in the UK summer.

G
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:53 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

When are those?

the following prices are based on 2 adults and 3 children one way to Brisbane international booked through expedia. they are the cheapest listed and with different airlines, all flights are on a Friday at approx the same time of the month.

10/3/06 £2131.00

14/4/06 £1988.50

19/5/06 £1541.50

16/6/06 £1836.50

14/7/06 £2136.50

18/8/06 £1841.50

15/9/06 £1988.50

13/10/06 £2136.50

17/11/06 £1986.50

15/12/06 £2239.50

12/1/07 £2239.50

hope that gives some sort of indication of costs. this is from one source and many others will i'm sure say that they can get flights cheeper on the same day else where; however this is for demonstration purposes only.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 6:22 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Luma

Beth

I dont agree with the UK Summer, the flights we are finding are shooting up sky high in the kids summer holidays (about July/August) and then if you put in the 2nd week in September (most schools gone back then) the prices comes right down again!!

I would say September a good time to go!! Hence that is when we are going!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

When are those?

We have been flying backwards and forwards to Australia for 4 years, so the general pattern always seems to be the same, if you're booking the flights from the UK.

Very expensive : Christmas, UK Summer Holidays (30th June is the cutoff date here), Easter.

Cheap : Look out for the very many sales that start about 2 weeks after the new year. So you can get lots of different bargains anywhere between about 3rd week in January assuming you return before June 30th. And then the other sale period usually starts mid September, as long as you return before 1st or 2nd week in December.

If you have to fly out at Xmas, just be aware that Xmas day flights drop down quite a bit (depends upon your return date though).

That is basically the pattern that has occurred for the last 4 years. We have managed flights as cheap as £515 (inc tax etc) and the maximum we've paid is about £615 (inc tax etc).

The only snag we've found is that because we always go for the flights on sale, we never manage to accrue air miles, because we have flown with someone different nearly everytime : Malaysia, Qantas, BA, Emirates, Singapore, etc

In our experience Singapore are great but the sale periods aren't as regular as Malaysia, but Malaysia is superb as well. BA and Qantas are average, Emirates are fine but the flights are longer (extra short stop). They don't seem to be as child friendly as the Asian airlines but that comes from talking to people (I don't have kids myself). I guess they seem to cater better for the businessmen.

There have been a lot of excellent offers with JAL, Royal Brunei and Malaysia already this year. Check the travel section of the Sunday papers regularly. We've used Airline Network, Travelbag, Austravel, Opodo, and Expedia.

All much of a muchness, they all tend to have the same offers anyway.

Good luck!

Netta
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:12 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sparks124
the following prices are based on 2 adults and 3 children one way to Brisbane international booked through expedia. they are the cheapest listed and with different airlines, all flights are on a Friday at approx the same time of the month.

10/3/06 £2131.00

14/4/06 £1988.50

19/5/06 £1541.50

16/6/06 £1836.50

14/7/06 £2136.50

18/8/06 £1841.50

15/9/06 £1988.50

13/10/06 £2136.50

17/11/06 £1986.50

15/12/06 £2239.50

12/1/07 £2239.50

hope that gives some sort of indication of costs. this is from one source and many others will i'm sure say that they can get flights cheeper on the same day else where; however this is for demonstration purposes only.

bloody nora the flights have gone up a good bit in 2 years we were 1345gbp for 2 adults and 2 kids on 28th June 2004 and that was goin Gla-Man-Bne
Old Mar 6th 2006, 4:45 am
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by biggy
bloody nora the flights have gone up a good bit in 2 years we were 1345gbp for 2 adults and 2 kids on 28th June 2004 and that was goin Gla-Man-Bne
Hi,
I made some enquiries last week and was told that Malaysian and Singapore put their prices up on the 3rd Dec,

Harry.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Think about how much fuel has increased since then.

Last June got Lon - MEL via Langkawi stopover for £500 ea.

This year......