Reload this Page >

When does it End?

When does it End?

Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough
Default When does it End?

Hi All,

Am new here but felt I had to get an outside perspective and this seemed the perfect place.

Apologies in advance if I go on.

Well I am originally from Brissy but have lived in UK for 7 years. Now decided with partner that a better life will be ahead for our 2yr old if we were living back in Brissy so he applied. It took ages because of hold ups with ex and not getting the medical for his daughter from that marriage. Anyway finally got the visa in December.

this would have been all great, except that he has to validate by 14th May as the visa took so long after his medicals because of the ex
I also found out then that I am pregnant and it is due 20th May. Now we start panicking because no-one is interested in the house and it has been up since Nov (with a price drop already). I am running out of time to fly, as well as the validation and our new start should be funded buy house clearing all our debt here.

I was wondering whether anyone else has been in similiar circumstances and how they went about selling a house in the UK while in Oz? Am really panicking about what we will do, although family have offered to pay for plane tickets until we sell house just to get us there.

Sorry to go on but it is all getting too much for us and we need an "outside" opinion/advice.

Thanks
Paula
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: When does it End?

What you could possibly do is appoint someone (someone you trust) as your Power of Attorney - your solicitor can organise the PoA and the homeowners i.e. yourself and your partner would sign naming the person your appointing as your PoA - they could then sign as if they were you to finalise all necessary paperwork - your solicitor could still keep in touch via email etc. Obviously your solicitor should keep you up to date on any offers etc and you choose which buyer (preferably the one with the highest offer!).

Certainly I was involved in something where the owners were in the States and they appointed a parent to be their PoA - she just came in and signed the necessary paperwork required to finalise the sale.

Hope that helps

Good luck
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:48 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Pjay79
Hi All,

Am new here but felt I had to get an outside perspective and this seemed the perfect place.

Apologies in advance if I go on.

Well I am originally from Brissy but have lived in UK for 7 years. Now decided with partner that a better life will be ahead for our 2yr old if we were living back in Brissy so he applied. It took ages because of hold ups with ex and not getting the medical for his daughter from that marriage. Anyway finally got the visa in December.

this would have been all great, except that he has to validate by 14th May as the visa took so long after his medicals because of the ex
I also found out then that I am pregnant and it is due 20th May. Now we start panicking because no-one is interested in the house and it has been up since Nov (with a price drop already). I am running out of time to fly, as well as the validation and our new start should be funded buy house clearing all our debt here.

I was wondering whether anyone else has been in similiar circumstances and how they went about selling a house in the UK while in Oz? Am really panicking about what we will do, although family have offered to pay for plane tickets until we sell house just to get us there.

Sorry to go on but it is all getting too much for us and we need an "outside" opinion/advice.

Thanks
Paula
Paula, first of all, congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the site.

I think you should take up the families offer of paying for your flights to validate your visa. You can pay them back and if they didnt want to, they wouldnt have offered.

Now with regards to your house sale, there are things you can do to try and get potential viewers to see it in a different light.

I am restricted by surf control at work, but its worth doing a search on tips on selling your house.

Sounds stupid I know, but I know people that have lost out for the silliest of things.

Messy house/pets/ bad decorating.

Have a good look about tips on basic improvements that can make all the difference.

My pal made her place look really cosy and when someone came to view it, it must have worked, because she put in an offer.

The secret is to make your house look like a home so potential viewers can visualise themselves living in it.

Have a word with your estate agent as well.

So take up the offer of the loan of flight money to validate your visa.

Your house will sell I am sure.

And, most importantly, enjoy your new baby.

This site is great for info and a chat, so keep posting.

Samantha

Old Feb 8th 2005, 4:08 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atticus
What you could possibly do is appoint someone (someone you trust) as your Power of Attorney - your solicitor can organise the PoA and the homeowners i.e. yourself and your partner would sign naming the person your appointing as your PoA - they could then sign as if they were you to finalise all necessary paperwork - your solicitor could still keep in touch via email etc. Obviously your solicitor should keep you up to date on any offers etc and you choose which buyer (preferably the one with the highest offer!).

Certainly I was involved in something where the owners were in the States and they appointed a parent to be their PoA - she just came in and signed the necessary paperwork required to finalise the sale.

Hope that helps

Good luck
Power of attorney is easy to set up and will work fine....the difficulty is waiting on a house sale when you are in Aus and still having to pay mortgage at UK pounds while potentially not earning here in Aus or earning and paying rent here.

We lived here for a year before selling house in the UK (from choice) and when we did decide to sell the solictor and Mother In Law did all the signing thing which is the easy part. You can do post/fax email if desired.

My reservations all come from having a tosser of an estate agent who thought cause we were out of country and would be desperate to sell kept telling prospective buyers we would be easy meat for crap offers and then jerked us around when we did have a buyer. Also you are leaving an empty property which has its own advantages and disadvantages when selling.

If along with Power of attorney your family are willing to kick and punch the estate agents along I would consider the single move.

Other than that.....personally I would take the kind offer from family - have the validation return trip and sort things out in your own time.

Hope you have decent luck and a buyer tomorrow!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Pjay79 will become famous soon enoughPjay79 will become famous soon enough

Thank You all for your kind advice.

It makes things a bit clearer when you can put them down and have some other input.

I think I am going to ask someone to be Power of Attorney for me on selling the house. As my parents are in Oz and Mother in Law isn't really capable I think it will be an Uncle. I know I can trust him and he won't take any messing from an estate agent or solicitor so I guess that would be one thing off my mind.

After all your responses it has made it clearer to me that the validation and the health of my baby is the most important things although the hard part is that once we go it isn't possible to return (partner will have to give up job and I am only able to fly now up to the first week of April). I suppose with the internet and such these days it shouldn't be too hard to clear up my financial affairs from that end, I'm just really not keen on sending $ back to pay mortgage every month.

At least we won't be paying rent out there as we will be staying with my mum in Brissy until after I've had the baby.

Thanks again