Wikiposts

when do we book

Old Apr 15th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question when do we book

I see a lot of post, with people determining when they are leaving for Australia, even though they still have houses to sell etc.

not sure what to do

We are currently going through our house sale but have no completion date as yet. The solicitor has told me it will be at least 3 weeks. people keep asking me when we are going and I have to say i'm not sure. This makes us feel in limbo, but we know when it happens it will happen quickly.

Basically does anyone know if we should book our flights now?and if we do can we change them if we have to?

I think if we have a date set it will help us and our family plan,panic and cry.

Steph
Old Apr 15th 2004, 10:11 pm
ABCDiamond

I have heard on here that some people have flown out, literally a few hours after the property completed.

I think that's cutting it fine

It is possible to leave before the property sells, as long as you sort out EVERYTHING, before you leave, Powers of Attorney etc, and ensure they are the Correct ones !!

Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:26 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when do we book

Think I am going to play it safe and take it one step at a time.

Not book anything until the house is sold and the money is in the bank.

Might only lead to disappointment if you have a date and then have to keep putting it back because house sales are fickle things.

TT

Originally posted by stefian
I see a lot of post, with people determining when they are leaving for Australia, even though they still have houses to sell etc.

not sure what to do

We are currently going through our house sale but have no completion date as yet. The solicitor has told me it will be at least 3 weeks. people keep asking me when we are going and I have to say i'm not sure. This makes us feel in limbo, but we know when it happens it will happen quickly.

Basically does anyone know if we should book our flights now?and if we do can we change them if we have to?

I think if we have a date set it will help us and our family plan,panic and cry.

Steph
Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Seeing as it has been years since I last sold a house can someone remind me as to how long it takes for the money from the house sale to reach your bank account?????????????/
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Seeing as it has been years since I last sold a house can someone remind me as to how long it takes for the money from the house sale to reach your bank account?????????????/
I did a completion on 7th Dec 2002 and the funds arrived in my UK account on 11th Dec 02.

Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:19 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

has anyone else got twitchy about selling their house before their visa comes through?... or is it just me?

:scared:
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

`We` go on the market next week, although we haven`t got our visa yet..........

BN 136 submitted Nov 2003

Meds done 26/03/04 (unrequested) sent 05/04/04

Police checks sent 30/03/04
Old Apr 16th 2004, 12:45 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

`We` go on the market next week, although we haven`t got our visa yet..........

BN 136 submitted Nov 2003

Meds done 26/03/04 (unrequested) sent 05/04/04

Police checks sent 30/03/04
yeah not far off from me. Mine is being valued in a week then off on the market ofter that! My app went in at the start of december though, so i've not had my meds requested yet.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Yeh scutter we were confused about what to do. we ummed and arrhd and finally put the house up for sale in October 2003, we received our 4 yr temp visa late December 2003 and were hoping to be in Oz in Jan 2004. We are still in England, but got an offer on our house 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile our visa is ticking away. But at least were getting somewhere now.

as for flights not sure whether to wait now until we have every thing sorted or booked for say 6weeks time. not sure where we will stay though if we become homeless before we fly. no one offering to put us up yet.

steph
Old Apr 16th 2004, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when do we book

Hi Steph,

Sounds like we're at the same stage as you, more or less. Accepted an offer on the house last week, so just waiting. Have booked in a few shippers for quotes in about a month's time but apart from that we're not really sure how much we can do. We're just telling people that as soon as the sale is complete, we are off. Once we get exchange and completion dates we can worry about flights. Too busy worrying about the amount of valuable car boot stuff (aka junk) that we need to get rid of! Keep us posted.

Wendy
Old Apr 16th 2004, 2:06 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally i wouldn't book anything untill house sold, I'm a worrier.

Yours may sell quick......mine took forever!

all the best plum
Old Apr 16th 2004, 6:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by stefian
we received our 4 yr temp visa late December 2003 and were hoping to be in Oz in Jan 2004. We are still in England, but got an offer on our house 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile our visa is ticking away. steph
Steph,
Has your temp visa started ticking ?
I thought it started from validation date.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Tubby is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had an offer on the house and are flying to Perth on the 13th May.

We're hoping to have all the necessary paperwork signed before we leave but we are unlikely to get the proceeds till after we've left. As somone mentioned earlier, we can always appoint a 'power of attorney'. Will also add faimly member to Bank Account here in case of need.

Have the car up for sale and signed up with shipping company today for 11th May clearance. If the car doesn't sell in time, we'll have to flog some shares to tide us over.

Basically, the view we've taken is that it will all sort itself out - it has thus far! We are lucky in that we have the comfort of the shares to fall back on if we really have to.

Good luck with everything!
Old Apr 16th 2004, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Philanthropist5 is an unknown quantity at this point

asked the same Q. of our solicitor, were told Cheque can be posted same day, but has to clear, or, can arrange an electronic transfer on same day and get the money there and then, ( this is of course for a fee, 30 ish quid)

philanthropist
Old Apr 16th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

HI Bix

you have made me feel a bit sick

wasn't aware that a temporary visa needed validation. are you saying we have to be in Oz before the 17th June. We have had no mention of that any where

Anybody help

Steph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.