Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

when do u sell up?

when do u sell up?

Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all
Default when do u sell up?

Just about to send TRA away.and as you all know housing market is quiet, had someone around this morning to value house and they said put it on the market with an entry date of Feb as we told them we plan to emigrate.
But what if we fail TRA and if we do pass and submit application say November when will we get it back?
We have a house to move into if we sell Feb (rent free)!!!
But i have now just sat down staring at the TV for over 10 mins thinking what do we do?
Is there any one else gone through this and when did they put their house on the market?
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:56 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when do u sell up?

We put our house on the market whilst waiting for the visa grant, we'd had the medicals so knew there was nothing there that would be a problem. But we were very lucky, here in our part of Kent the market is still moving well so didnt wait long for a buyer.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bridiej
We put our house on the market whilst waiting for the visa grant, we'd had the medicals so knew there was nothing there that would be a problem. But we were very lucky, here in our part of Kent the market is still moving well so didnt wait long for a buyer.
thank you for that! I am now thinking maybe we should wait till visa application is in but it is a quiet time to sell over Xmas and new year. And i thought the TRA was the stressful part?
Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:00 am
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Just about to send TRA away.and as you all know housing market is quiet, had someone around this morning to value house and they said put it on the market with an entry date of Feb as we told them we plan to emigrate.
But what if we fail TRA and if we do pass and submit application say November when will we get it back?
We have a house to move into if we sell Feb (rent free)!!!
But i have now just sat down staring at the TV for over 10 mins thinking what do we do?
Is there any one else gone through this and when did they put their house on the market?
Not being negative or ought.. but we're waiting till we've got the visa before we sell our house... over cautious? maybe? We're the same as you ... just about the submit stuff to TRA.. i'm off to the migration agent in a minute with piles of paperwork.. just need to get the TRA form signed, then it can be sent off... eeeek! Good Luck
Sonic x
Old Sep 20th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We've just submitted TRA and are putting the house on the market end of Jan. At that point we should have TRA result and will have submitted visa application. If it sells fast we'll move into rented and save a fortune and, if we fail the medicals, I think we'll have more to worry about than having sold the house - the money will be safely banked and we could use the opportunity to downsize, move elsewhere etc - anything to get rid of the horrendous mortgage we currently have !