Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When did you open the champers?

When did you open the champers?

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default When did you open the champers?

Ok, so we have just one bottle of champers in... we are just plebs after all
So, when would be the best time to celebrate?
1) When we receive the AUD 100,000 bond request
2) When they send us confirmation of the visas
3) When we finally get the passports back, with visa's in
4) Last night in our house, assuming it's sold and we are due to fly out asap
Decisions, decisions, decisions... or should be be really extravagant and buy a few bottles of cheap cava?
What did you lot do / what will you do? I don't think I could wait too long now though, I quite fancy a few glasses of champers!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a toughy Larissa.

When we had our bond request we had a couple of bottles of one of my fav sparkling Jacobs Creek wines, but will leave the champs for the visa`s in the passport as we will be validating first.

footie x
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When did you open the champers?

Originally posted by Larissa
Decisions, decisions, decisions... or should be be really extravagant and buy a few bottles of cheap cava?
What did you lot do / what will you do? I don't think I could wait too long now though, I quite fancy a few glasses of champers!

Obviously when you reach 3000 posts on Expats !! What could be a bigger milestone in your life ??...except maybe 4000
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 8:59 pm
mickj

Save the best for last, just as you get off the plane on the other end, kind of like a baptism sort of thing. Starting a new life and all that.

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:20 pm
WBB

Originally posted by sjn2003
Obviously when you reach 3000 posts on Expats !! What could be a bigger milestone in your life ??...except maybe 4000
or 10,000!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:35 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mickj
Save the best for last, just as you get off the plane on the other end, kind of like a baptism sort of thing. Starting a new life and all that.
Hear hear. Wait till you actually get there first. That's what I'm going to do; hit the airport bars in Brisbane and besot myself on a few dozen Carlton Colds!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:39 pm
mickj

That's the way to do it Guv, you don't want to be celebrating too early, know wot i mean?

Originally posted by Ulujain
Hear hear. Wait till you actually get there first. That's what I'm going to do; hit the airport bars in Brisbane and besot myself on a few dozen Carlton Colds!

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 10:41 pm
o_0

Originally posted by mickj
That's the way to do it Guv, you don't want to be celebrating too early, know wot i mean?
Not only that; the beer here in the US isn't worth drinking, and I'm saving the bottle of Beam I'll be buying for later.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:42 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

I would keep the champers for when you get the passports back with visas in, and (cos I'm an alkie ) would say get the cava for all the other occasions.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

As soon as you get the letter saying 'you have been given permission to emigrate blah, blah' crack open your champers and get planning!

You can always buy another bottle when you get here! Or buy a whole cask of wine for 1/4 of the price!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 8:57 am
o_0

Originally posted by tinaj
As soon as you get the letter saying 'you have been given permission to emigrate blah, blah' crack open your champers and get planning!

You can always buy another bottle when you get here! Or buy a whole cask of wine for 1/4 of the price!!!!!
Oh, you're into the goonie eh, Tina?
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:07 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa

Hope you don't mind me asking is that how much the bond is for everyone
$100,000??
Do you get any of that back?? I am here as my hubby is an Aussie but was just inquistive about this bond I see mentioned a few times.
Thanks
P
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Pants
The investment bond is $100,000 and it's given to one of the state treasury departments for a year. You get it back after that time, plus they pay interest. We will be using this to obtain our last five points.
Larissa
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Larissa, would just open it now as you are on your way soon

will have some more on ice for when you arrive

Teresa xx
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:00 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally mine is still on ice.

Visa 4 years ago.........didnt break it out

After validating........didnt break it out.

After agreeing a sale on my house.......didnt break it out (good job as the arses pulled out before exchange).

New buyer in place......paying cash and as soon as I get to exchange..................OUT COMES THE BOTTLE(s).

Until I hit exchange I know that the agonising wait is still likely to drag on but once I get to exchange, then its flights booked, removals tipped the wink and ready for the off within 4 weeks.

(Personal circumstance meant I couldnt go anywhere until now which is why my visa has been sat for 4 years.......not long now though) YIPPEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.