Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When did you have your citizenship interview

When did you have your citizenship interview

Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Default When did you have your citizenship interview

We had our citizenship interview at Capalaba Post Office South East Brisbane on the 7 th November, everything there was ok and all paperwork was fine, but we still havent had our letter of approval and ceremony date, just wondering if anyone else has timeframes for this. The guy at the post office did say it would probably be Australia day.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you have your citizenship interview

Originally Posted by andyaldy
We had our citizenship interview at Capalaba Post Office South East Brisbane on the 7 th November, everything there was ok and all paperwork was fine, but we still havent had our letter of approval and ceremony date, just wondering if anyone else has timeframes for this. The guy at the post office did say it would probably be Australia day.
Something is not right. I'm working from memory here but DIAC figures are that 75% of all citizenship grant applications are approved in 30 days and 90% within 90 days.

Call 131880 and find out what's going on (and don't be put off if they tell you it's normal - it isn't).
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely ring, we did our interview in Perth and had the citizenship approval letter within a month and the letter confirming the ceremony the following day.

Ah sorry, just re-read and see you are talking about interview not test..........
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi
i have called them and they have said it takes 3 months to process, so i was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting.
thanks
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
i have called them and they have said it takes 3 months to process, so i was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting.
thanks
Most people wait a lot less than 3 months, so it sounds like you are just being read to from a script.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

yes we had the interview only, we didnt need to sit the test, so just waiting for letter of aproval and ceremony date.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:45 am
JAJ
Retired

yes we had the interview only, we didnt need to sit the test, so just waiting for letter of aproval and ceremony date.
In that case things are even worse as you must have applied before October, so you've now been waiting over 3 months.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
thanks
Not sure as our friends applied before the test came in (only so they didnt have to pay double the fee!) and as far as I know they are still waiting.... that is in Perth also.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

no we had our interview on 7 th November which is 2 months ago
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:50 am
JAJ
Retired

no we had our interview on 7 th November which is 2 months ago
Processing time is counted from when the application is made, not the interview date. You must have applied before 1 October otherwise you would have had to do the test.

Anyway, this extract from DIAC's annual report says:
http://www.immi.gov.au/about/reports...utput2_3_1.htm

(covering the year ended 30 June 2007)

The overall approval rate of applications for grant remained steady at 96.2 per cent in 2006-07. Sixty-eight per cent of applications were decided within 90 days of lodgement and 26.1 per cent were decided on the day of lodgement.

It does seem that the time to process some applications has increased. But they can and often do give an immediate decision.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi
looks like we are waiting far to long then, i thought the 3 months must be after you have had your interview, i will give them another call
thankyou
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Just got of the phone to DIMIA who have said they will send an email to another department to find out what is happening, but i should expect up to 7-10 for a reply.