Reload this Page >

When did you book the fights

When did you book the fights

Old May 24th 2004, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When did you book the fights

Hi All

Have a question for those of you who have made the trip or in the process of going. We have paid the bond money for designated sponsored visa and expect to get the visa sooner rather then later (fingers crossed of course). We talking about when we would actually leave. At first I thought book the flights as soon as we have exchanged contracts on the house and fly out the next day or as close to as possible. But after thinking about it we our totally confused.
Just trying to find out what everybody else has done or are going to do.

Rgds

RichNkim
Old May 24th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When did you book the fights

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi All

Have a question for those of you who have made the trip or in the process of going. We have paid the bond money for designated sponsored visa and expect to get the visa sooner rather then later (fingers crossed of course). We talking about when we would actually leave. At first I thought book the flights as soon as we have exchanged contracts on the house and fly out the next day or as close to as possible. But after thinking about it we our totally confused.

Rgds

RichNkim
Well we moved out of our house into a rented one for 3 months(one month left).....good job we did as there were unexpected problems with the house sale and it got delayed for over a month!

We didn't start to look for a house to rent until contracts were due to be signed...it was a bit of a panic but turned out ok in the end.
Old May 24th 2004, 3:04 pm
WBB

we are going to wait for the house to sell, move in with my parents for a week or two while we send the proceeds of the sale over and book flights etc, hopefully we will be flying within a week to ten days of selling the house.

Old May 24th 2004, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thats the kind of thing we are worried about.

Anybody Else ?
Old May 24th 2004, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Gryff
Well we moved out of our house into a rented one for 3 months(one month left).....good job we did as there were unexpected problems with the house sale and it got delayed for over a month!

We didn't start to look for a house to rent until contracts were due to be signed...it was a bit of a panic but turned out ok in the end.

Anybody Else ?
Old May 24th 2004, 3:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody Else ?
We booked our flights once house had sold and before it fell thro

But we decided sod it we are still going house sold or not!!!!

Put the house on the market last thursday it is now sold again!!!!!!!! hopefully it will be all done and dusted by the time we leave end of June..............if not then it will sell again no doubt!!!

Pickfords coming tomorro so I better shift my arse !!!!
Old May 24th 2004, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Rgds

RichNkim

We're planning to do the same as you. Just waiting to exchange now! Where are you off to?
Old May 24th 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,we use to live down the road from you at Cheshunt.We move out of our house this Friday and fly out on Sunday.Must admit it dont leave us much time to sort things out though.Shippers came today,all thats left is to transfer the money to OZ on Friday,hope we dont get any complications as i ve only got Saturday to sort them out.Fingers crossed we dont get any.
Old May 24th 2004, 3:37 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Rgds

RichNkim

Would suggest you dont make the move until house is sorted.

We were in rented accom in germany before we left, but because our company is still paying our wages until June (woohoo!!!!) we had to set up power of attorney for all the financial stuff, and it is a complete pain to deal with form OZ.

Better is to get it all sorted out before you leave and then not have to worry about anything.

As it stand for us, we are getting 2-3 emails a week from the lady that has our power of attorney, about various financial matters. I can imagine it would be even worse if we had a house still to sell. (and from everything I have seen on here contracts in the UK (england esp) seem to fall apart quite often)
Old May 24th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

best of lucky Biggy
Old May 24th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by thfc
Hi,we use to live down the road from you at Cheshunt.We move out of our house this Friday and fly out on Sunday.Must admit it dont leave us much time to sort things out though.Shippers came today,all thats left is to transfer the money to OZ on Friday,hope we dont get any complications as i ve only got Saturday to sort them out.Fingers crossed we dont get any.
Best of luck. Hope the last few days go smoothly. Where are you going?
Old May 24th 2004, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Off2Oz
Best of luck. Hope the last few days go smoothly. Where are you going?
We are off to Langwarrin,Melbourne.Just noticed your from Cheshunt,is my old school still there Riversmead on Collage rd.
Old May 24th 2004, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

We are off to Langwarrin,Melbourne.Just noticed your from Cheshunt,is my old school still there Riversmead on Collage rd.
Don't recognise the name, sorry. How long ago did you leave?
Old May 24th 2004, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Off2Oz
Don't recognise the name, sorry. How long ago did you leave?
Riversmead was right on the a10,opposite the Crocodile pub,god i feel old now i left school about 25 years ago.
Old May 24th 2004, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Riversmead was right on the a10,opposite the Crocodile pub,god i feel old now i left school about 25 years ago.
Ah, I think it's called Cheshunt School now. Riversmead is a much nicer name.