Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When the CO first asks for additional information

When the CO first asks for additional information

Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:40 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default When the CO first asks for additional information

When allocated a CO and they 1st ask for you to provide additional information, is that generally all they require, or do they do it in a piecemeal basis.

Reason being I have been asked to provide information for my relevant work experience in my first e-mail from CO (& only this), does that mean all of the other info (have front loaded medicals & PCC) is OK? Is this just a first piece of info that she requires and there will be more to provide?

Thanks

Shaun
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:02 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: When the CO first asks for additional information

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
When allocated a CO and they 1st ask for you to provide additional information, is that generally all they require, or do they do it in a piecemeal basis.

Reason being I have been asked to provide information for my relevant work experience in my first e-mail from CO (& only this), does that mean all of the other info (have front loaded medicals & PCC) is OK? Is this just a first piece of info that she requires and there will be more to provide?

Thanks

Shaun

I would of thought that ure CO is happy what has been sent in so far..... anything outstanding (well it was with us) is requested all at once....

so providing that the CO is happy with all the other info you send.... it looks gud

boomie
xx
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I guess they must think that you just need to add a little more info on what they have specified and then you will get your visa or hope so
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:13 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
In our case it was "piecemeal". CO first asked us to provide form 1022 to say that there had been no changes in circumstances. We sent that off.

Then, nearly a month later, CO asked why my surname on my birth certificate was different to my surname before marriage on the marriage certificate.

Gina
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

We're in the same boat as you, we have been asked for the 1022 plus three other things, but she said our pcc and meds were all fine, so I'm hoping this is all that's needed and we'll receive the visa quite soon after we get our co all the info she requires.

Nicanjoe
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

lin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
We're in the same boat as you, we have been asked for the 1022 plus three other things, but she said our pcc and meds were all fine, so I'm hoping this is all that's needed and we'll receive the visa quite soon after we get our co all the info she requires.

Nicanjoe

Our meds were sent to Sydney beginning of November just before case officer requested them along with pcc's and further employment info (as hubby is self employed). All info was sent to case officer beginning of December and we are still awaiting our visas.................please Mr DIMIA can we be next? Region 5 case officer by the way.

Linda.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lin&mick
Our meds were sent to Sydney beginning of November just before case officer requested them along with pcc's and further employment info (as hubby is self employed). All info was sent to case officer beginning of December and we are still awaiting our visas.................please Mr DIMIA can we be next? Region 5 case officer by the way.

Linda.
We are region 5 as well, our meds reached LCU on Dec 22nd, they've already been processed and the co has only requested further employment info (like you) more detailed Birth Certs for my kids, and verification of my english language ability (I wasn't born in an english speaking country). I'm surprised you haven't received your visas yet, I'm sure you'll get them any day now, it'll be almost 2 months since you sent everything, that's a long time. If you haven't heard in a couple of weeks I'ld send off a polite e-mail to the co.

Nicanjoe
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

lin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the roughlin&mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
We are region 5 as well, our meds reached LCU on Dec 22nd, they've already been processed and the co has only requested further employment info (like you) more detailed Birth Certs for my kids, and verification of my english language ability (I wasn't born in an english speaking country). I'm surprised you haven't received your visas yet, I'm sure you'll get them any day now, it'll be almost 2 months since you sent everything, that's a long time. If you haven't heard in a couple of weeks I'ld send off a polite e-mail to the co.

Nicanjoe

Thought about sending an e-mail to co but have already contacted our agent who seems to think this is still within a 'normal time frame'. Was told that they would contact DIMIA if the time became excessive! Friends of ours in Cairns have a job lined up for hubby on their firm - just need visa to get there first. Good luck to you x
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lin&mick
Thought about sending an e-mail to co but have already contacted our agent who seems to think this is still within a 'normal time frame'. Was told that they would contact DIMIA if the time became excessive! Friends of ours in Cairns have a job lined up for hubby on their firm - just need visa to get there first. Good luck to you x

Well, that's great that your husband has a job lined up, that makes things a lot easier on the other end. I guess 4 to 6 months is average for visa's but the waiting is really tough!

Nicanjoe
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:38 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boomie
so providing that the CO is happy with all the other info you send.... it looks gud

xx
I thought so too untill I read what she has requested. An oversight on my part & it could all go down the pan.... oh no
This is the post... any help out there?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351066