Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When can a migrant claim dole in Australia?

When can a migrant claim dole in Australia?

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice
Default When can a migrant claim dole in Australia?

Hi i migrated over here 2 almost 2 years ago, ive recently lost my job and really struggling to find another, Im a PR but not sure if and when i can claim Centre link (dole)?? can anyone help?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:28 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: When can a migrant claim dole in Australia?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761212
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:30 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light

To be honest, now you can earn $395 bucks aweek tax free, there must be something part time you can do, beats the dole and the time on your hands....
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hull2perth
Hi i migrated over here 2 almost 2 years ago, ive recently lost my job and really struggling to find another, Im a PR but not sure if and when i can claim Centre link (dole)?? can anyone help?
Have you been in touch with centerlink yet? I know they won't give you any dole money under 2 years, get in touch with them so you can do the interviews & once you have done your 2 years, you can start claiming.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not much help... But my heart goes out to you... The Job situation isnt great at the moment in many areas, inspite of the fact many on here dont believe it I think Australia is heading into stormy waters....

And its 10 times harder/more stressful being unemployed as an immigrant than it is being unemployed at home.... (was going to say 100 times more stressful but if I've been told once I've been told a MILLION times not to exagerate)
that you have something turn up very quick and this thread becomes irrelevant for you...
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:32 pm
Banned

Get a cab/taxi license, $600 bucks.............5 nights.......at least double what you will get on the dole, plus tips, don't wear your football boots in the shower

There is plenty of ways to pay your way here, its just some of the jobs are sh!t, i guess.........I will drive a cab, work a door, do whatever, the minimum wage is £10, $15 bucks, f00k i feel liike Dick Whittingtom.....

CBL
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
Get a cab/taxi license, $600 bucks.............5 nights.......at least double what you will get on the dole, plus tips, don't wear your football boots in the shower

There is plenty of ways to pay your way here, its just some of the jobs are sh!t, i guess.........I will drive a cab, work a door, do whatever, the minimum wage is £10, $15 bucks, f00k i feel liike Dick Whittingtom.....

CBL
More like the artful dodger
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
More like the artful dodger
Bernie old boy, you are what you do, life's as hard as you make it, its easy here.......too easy.....You are as slow as the slowest, i never run in a pack
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Bernie old boy, you are what you do, life's as hard as you make it, its easy here.......too easy.....You are as slow as the slowest, i never run in a pack
Born to be in oz you are
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Born to be in oz you are
You ever return Bernie, i am in Newstead, just up from New Farm, i would be priveledged to share, have a beer with you...........Be happy dude...
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:26 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Its so hard being out of work, I had to go in a centrelink office to try and claim on my super to protect my house, but they refused me as my husband was working -although his wages would not have kept our house.

They were nice enough, just couldnt do anything for me, even help with my medical expenses which were building up.

None of us know what will happen here, none of us can ever envisage being out of work or hitting hard times and many of us do. I was lucky enough to be offered a temp job two weeks before our mortgage holiday ran out which picked us up.

See if anyone can help you re-write/jazz up your resume, even if you can do a days voluntary work a week to keep your mind occupied and your confidence up because nothing depletes confidence like being out of work.

Things can turn up when you least expect them to and change for the better too so dont lose heart.

Keep us posted and good luck with everything.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice

Thanks most of you for the help!!.. luckily as i put the hard work in last week ive been rewarded start a new job monday and also have another Interview tomorrow, so hopefuly have the choice of 2! Thanks
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:53 am
FREE TIBET

You ever return Bernie, i am in Newstead, just up from New Farm, i would be priveledged to share, have a beer with you...........Be happy dude...
Sounds like a plan,i used to live in Newstead,so could do with meeting a friendly face
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:55 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks most of you for the help!!.. luckily as i put the hard work in last week ive been rewarded start a new job monday and also have another Interview tomorrow, so hopefuly have the choice of 2! Thanks
Thats great news
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:58 am
FREE TIBET

Good news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.