Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When to book flights for Mid-July ??

When to book flights for Mid-July ??

Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Default When to book flights for Mid-July ??

We are aiming to book flights for 13th July (ish) hopefully with Cathay or Singapore air,

I've done a quick comparison between June/July 13th and the cost is about £700 more for July...does anyone know if this is due to the Uk School Holiday phenomenon or (hopefully) the price might come down in a month or so as it gets nearer the time and they are trying to shift flights?

We want 2 Adult 2 Children One-Ways London-Sydney....

Any thoughts...
Matt & Vicki
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to book flights for Mid-July ??

Originally Posted by mattvicki
We are aiming to book flights for 13th July (ish) hopefully with Cathay or Singapore air,

I've done a quick comparison between June/July 13th and the cost is about £700 more for July...does anyone know if this is due to the Uk School Holiday phenomenon or (hopefully) the price might come down in a month or so as it gets nearer the time and they are trying to shift flights?

Any thoughts...
Matt & Vicki

I've been checking prices for a few months and every time I look the price for July is £700 more than before June 12th. I don't think it will be any different nearer the time

Although I hope I'm wrong cos I may need to go then as well
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:33 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

I've also been checking flights since last November. (We hope to go at the end of August). Singapore Air have been getting more expensive but Cathay seem to be getting cheaper Not by much in either case but when you're booking 5 adult seats like we are, the pounds soon mount up.

Julie. x
Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:04 am
kerrie/wayne

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I've also been checking flights since last November. (We hope to go at the end of August). Singapore Air have been getting more expensive but Cathay seem to be getting cheaper Not by much in either case but when you're booking 5 adult seats like we are, the pounds soon mount up.

Julie. x

hi ya try flydeals.co.uk and play around with dates its amazing how a day can change the price ...ive also been looking found a good deal for 3 off us on the 25 june to brisbane but any later goes up by £200 ...also emirates evey now and again put on a offer we could have got a price for 3 adults just under a grand but could booked cause the house has not sold .

the price does go up because of the kids holidays however it goes up a lot more dec jan feb

kez x

Old Apr 21st 2006, 7:14 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

They will go up during the summer - they know that people need to travel and they do make their money that way....
It actually pays to book early, they have lots of seats in different classes of ticket...once the cheapest seats go they go up in price until all the cheap ones have gone and its only the 'full fare economy' class which is left - which is basically the same price as a business class ticket. You occasionally get cheap seats just before, but not very often so if you buy your ticket just before you go, you could pay a tidy sum to go on specific dates....
Do try all the sites like 'last minute.com' and the like, sometimes they have good deals.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

popeye will become famous soon enoughpopeye will become famous soon enough

Any thoughts...
Matt & Vicki
hiya
we booked ours the other day and the price jumped as soon as you went into july, so we booked for 26th of june,lol
£1468 for 2 adults and 2 kids with malaysian
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

They will be high for July due to UK school hols. They go up at that time every year and won't go down until around September. Having said that good deals do come up, so if you see one grab it. We managed to get really cheap Bus class seat over xmas a couple of years ago by checking a number of the online travel sites every day until a deal we liked the look of came up, the flights we got were only at that price for one day and only on one website (think it might have been travelocity from long distant memory....). Have a look at the list of agents here, there might be a couple you haven't looked at yet: www.yellabrickroad.com/flights
Old Apr 21st 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
They will be high for July due to UK school hols. They go up at that time every year and won't go down until around September. Having said that good deals do come up, so if you see one grab it. We managed to get really cheap Bus class seat over xmas a couple of years ago by checking a number of the online travel sites every day until a deal we liked the look of came up, the flights we got were only at that price for one day and only on one website (think it might have been travelocity from long distant memory....). Have a look at the list of agents here, there might be a couple you haven't looked at yet: www.yellabrickroad.com/flights
I also tend to go on the BA site www.ba.com as they allow you to do +/- 7 days and you can see very clearly which days they are charging more for. I'm sure some of the other airlines will do something similar but that's the one I know and use.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Any thoughts...
Matt & Vicki
Hi,we are going to go with Emirates from Glasgow in September,by far the cheapest we have seen,must have a lot to do with holidays in July,good luck Cheers Dave&Claire